Baking laminated guns

• Hi all

I am looking at doing a baked finish on a laminated gun i have just finished, actually i've had a guy offer to do it for free so i'm seriously considering it.

However

On the West systems site it states that the 105 resin/hardener can handle temperatures of 200 degrees Fahrenheit (93 deg celsius), the finish requires the gun to be baked at 176 degrees Fahrenheit (80 degrees).

Do you think the timber glue lines will be able to hold up to this sort of temperature, my thought is at this temp the resin will soften and the timber will expand and ruin the laminations.

Any thoughts!!

• the resin will soften at that temp ,and if anything bad happens depends on how stable your wood is, the odds i would give it are 20% it works fine, 40% there is a little movement but it is ok , 40% catastrophic failure .
    i am baseing my odd on what i have seen happen to a black epoxy coated gun left out in the sun all day :(
    phil

• I'm using Padauk, sounds like its not worth the risk, i did a couple of tests baking some offcuts to around 100 degrees Celsius and the glue lines seemed to open a little but not too bad.

However i'm using an enclosed graphite track and i don't want it to stuff the track.