Diving PV next Monday

• I'll be heading to Socal with the family on Saturday and if all goes as planned looking for WSB early Monday AM 4-9-12. Maybe later in the week too. Anyone want to join me great, and if anyone can post anything about viz that would be great. We're staying in Long Beach. Thanks!
    Rich 650-245-4221

"It's the Ocean Flowing in our Veins"

• Thanks hookinfish,
    Ya I realize Monday is not a big dive day for most folks. I am Disney-bound on Sunday. Just getting my wife dialed in to these family vacations in Socal. We used to just come down for 3 days of theme park madness; last year we did the week-long trip which gave us time for science museum, etc., and me time for diving a couple mornings.This is a win-win situation!
    Haven't figured out an ocean angle for visiting the in-laws yet (they live in Phoenix). I just have to do that one and remember that that's a good time to bring up fall Channel Island trips! :laughing:
    If you go Sunday shoot me a PM re the viz. Thanks...

• I'm hoping to head out tomorrow morning as well so if things go as planned I will give you a viz report. Good luck on diving in Pheonix according to Arizona Fish and Game

"Lake powell
    The limit is 20 for smallmouth bass and 5 for largemouth
    bass; unlimited for striped bass; the limit is 10 walleye; the
    limit is 10 crappie. Carp may be taken by spearfishing and bow and
    arrow during daylight hours. Striped bass may also be taken by
    spearfishing during daylight hours."

That's all I found on Spearfishing in Arizona good luck. :)

• Thanks for checking out the AZ regs Hookin'. Carp are like the cows of the sea (or lake).
    I'll probably stick to amassing brownie points on the AZ trips and save the diving for the ocean. Also trying to get the AZ brother in law to accept job offer in San Diego (no ulterior motive of course).
    Happy hunting tomorrow!

• dang wish i'd seen this earlier! snuck out of work but probably too late to dive with you, looked like the water was pretty good let us know how the trip worked out!

• I dove pv on Monday. No sightings of wsb but conditions looked good. Bait and barracuda. Water temp 55+. Hopefully I'll have one more day out there later this week.