DIY Shaping Footpockets

• I got these new Spetton footpockets for Christmas. I want to reshape the top part *slightly*. I was thinking of putting them in boiling/hot water and then adjusting the shape while they cool. Perhaps this would change the molded shape a little.

Any knowledge on this?

• There was someone who tried this before with a heat gun. The result was broken footpockets, the rubber tore. Rubber is not like plastic, you can't reshape it with heat. You can grind it however and reshape it by taking away material without compromising the structural integrity as would happen if there was a cut or a nick in the material. I've done this a few times.

• I got these new Spetton footpockets for Christmas. I want to reshape the top part *slightly*. I was thinking of putting them in boiling/hot water and then adjusting the shape while they cool. Perhaps this would change the molded shape a little.

Any knowledge on this?

I know it's been a long time since this post but yes it does work. There was an email I got from FII (martin's) and in the newsletter, reshaping footpockets in boiling water was the tip of the month. I tried it on a set of sporasub h.dessault foot pockets and it worked for me.