New to the Forum from Miramar, Fl

• Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and spearfishing. I just purchased the book Spearfishing for Skin and Scuba Divers by Steven M. Barsky to try to learn a little about Spearfishing. If anyone would like to share their knowledge and would be willing to let me tag along please pm me. I have no idea where to go and where are legal and not legal areas.

I am also interested in building my own speargun. Does anyone know of a good place to buy teak wood in southeast Florida. Nice meeting everyone and thanks for the help.

• Welcome Chad! There is alot of good members and info here. Read your local regs for areas and learn to ID your fish. Happy hunting.

Scott

• Hi Chad, nice to have you

Scott is spot on! read some old threads about subjects you are interested in and you will find yourself with a lot more questions, this is good.

no fresh water spearing.

there really are no closed area around miami and ft lauderdale, just have to be 300' from shore, a swim zone or a fishing bridge and you are set. as long as you arent too close to any of the above and you only have legal fish you are in full compliance

you also need a valid salt water fishing lic.

i like to spear fish