Speardiver Zodiac inflatable spearfishing float

• Available from FreediveStore.com Speardiver Zodiac Spearfishing Float

Features

• Tested 45lb of lift at the surface. *Unlike other manufacturers we don't overstate the buoyancy of our floats.
    • Length: 45"
    • Width 12.5"
    • Diameter inflated: 6.5"
    • Weight: 2.5lb
    • Rugged puncture resistant 3 layer construction, Thermoplastic polyurethane / Nylon / Thermoplastic polyurethane. The same material used to manufacture inflatable boats.
    • High visibility safety orange color.
    • One way valve for inflation by mouth, with a threaded lock to protect against accidental deflation.
    • A dump valve for quick and effortless deflation.
    • Packs down small, great for traveling.
    • Top pocket with Velcro closure to support the removable flag base. *Florida legal size dive flag and pole sold separately.
    • Pocket with Velcro closure on the bottom for lead ballast, to keep the float upright when using a flag.
    • Heavy duty stainless steel D rings at the front and back, for towing the float and attachment to other floats.
    • Built in handle on top for carrying the float.

Speardiver Zodiac float buoyancy test - YouTube

• Dan so the advantages of this one over the other that you sell is its tough as @@** as its the same construction as a inflatable dingy? Would you recommend as a blue water fish float?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• The two style floats are what divers are familiar with, so I wanted to offer both. Either works well. I used the Riffe torpedo float for years, it's very similar in construction to the Speardiver Torpedo float. The Torpedo float has 30lb more lift than the Zodiac which is significant, and may be a determining factor depending on the fish you're hunting.

I ripped off the pockets from a Zodiac float that I wasn't going to use a flag with, and got a chance to see how tough the material is. I don't think you could ever put a hole in it throwing it around rocks or whatever. So that may be the selling point for someone who's rough on their gear.

Bluewater doesn't say much as float requirements depend on the size of the fish not the location, in which case lift/buoyancy is a strong factor. I'm not an expert on big pelagics, other guys may chime in about how much lift you need for what size fish. I do know for sure that either the Torpedo or Zodiac will be enough for a 50-60lb fish. At some point no one float is enough, a few have to be attached inline. Or a board should be used.

• How many liters of air would this buoy contain? I want the red buoy, since its the only legit color for competition in DK. But i need the heavy lift for Norway conditions with 50 kg halibut potential.

• Creases can develop in PVC/fabric causing weak spots after long periods of sitting folded-especially if in cold temperatures. We use many whitewater rafts in my profession that are of the same construction. The best way to store this float for long periods is flat, or partially inflated. Like Dan said, if handled properly there is no reason you should develop a hole in it. There is also a UV inhibitor spray/cleaner which will increase the longevity of your float, we use it regularly on our rafts. I have used the Aimrite version as my go to float for years with no issues whatsoever. I need inflatable floats because most of my spearing is done while traveling, and the weight and space taken up by a hard float is unacceptable. When I do replace the Aimrite I will be getting one of these from Dan.

Here's the spray we use:

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry