GPS/Fishfinder Recommendations

• I have had a standard horizon 180i for the past 2 years and it has been nothing but problems with the depth finder. It is ongoing and at this point I am just going to try to get my money back from the mfr. So far they have replaced the internals of the unit, then the unit itself, and this last time they replaced the transducer. Still have problems, doesn't matter if the boat is at idle, shut off, moving etc. At this point I'm ready to throw it overboard. I have been looking at the Garmin 541s, but am open to suggestions. What are you guys using on your boats and what do you think? That 180i gets great reviews but there are very few reviews of it. The 541s gets pretty good reviews but there are tons of them, most of the issues seem to be with the lack of buttons and idiots.

• I've been using a Garmin 545s for two years and I'm very happy with it. It has a very simple menu system and it just works. I also recently got the BlueChart g2 Vision card and it added some neat new functionalities like "Guide To" that will consider safe navigation depths to route you to your waypoints. It also gives you some other point of views when in navigation mode as well as Arial shots of harbors and marinas.

• Use various humminbird, change to Garmin (140), I have no complaints, buy the economic, three years old, of course, is for little depth underwater fishing, go fishing groupper more 150 meters no good, I like the gps handheld, not combos.
    For me, I just need alarmas depth and fish, depth fish for jigging for troling, water temperature, a bit of bottom contour is sufficient.

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!