Riffe Digi-Tek 1.5 suit

• Doc's nephew said he already ordered it. I asked him to look into it.....but I guess it's coming.
    Is it going to get more fish than a black one? I doubt it. Jake is using a Speardiver black suit and he's getting more fish than I do. It MUST be the wetsuit....or maybe the fact that he can dive circles around me? haha.
    As far as matching our surroundings here in Belize, the best one I've tried so far is this one. Spetton. It blends in pretty well. And look at the one where I'm on the boat. It's the same colors as the surrounding water and reef. And it's comfortable and has held up so far.

• Doc's nephew said he already ordered it. I asked him to look into it.....but I guess it's coming.
    Is it going to get more fish than a black one? I doubt it. Jake is using a Speardiver black suit and he's getting more fish than I do. It MUST be the wetsuit....or maybe the fact that he can dive circles around me? haha.
    As far as matching our surroundings here in Belize, the best one I've tried so far is this one. Spetton. It blends in pretty well. And look at the one where I'm on the boat. It's the same colors as the surrounding water and reef. And it's comfortable and has held up so far.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net…14746387_1125635754_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net…214466380_612830685_n.jpg

Hank I only use the lycra Spetton to the one above due to the temps down here and my natural insulation(yeah i am calling you skinny!! :laughing:), works great for blue and reef why would you want another? and the Lycra is $140 at Nautilus ;) Have to say though that the Rife looks amazing would love to know how it works out for you as December here in Antigua does get nippy :(. Does it have a hood?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Hank I only use the lycra Spetton to the one above due to the temps down here and my natural insulation(yeah i am calling you skinny!! :laughing:), works great for blue and reef why would you want another? and the Lycra is $140 at Nautilus ;) Have to say though that the Rife looks amazing would love to know how it works out for you as December here in Antigua does get nippy :(. Does it have a hood?

I've broken the temperature here into three seasons, which for me to be totally comfortable, requires three wetsuits or combinations.
    The 1.5 Spetton, with the long pants, is too warm here from July to Oct. I've tried it and I spend time stretching the neck and flushing cool water in. But from Oct to Dec and late March into May, it's perfect.

The 1.5 Make full suit is perfect. I've tried using a vest and long shirt. It's a little too cool after 5 or 6 hours.

Winter...that's a full 3 open cell, or a 3 with a 3 vest underneath.

Yeah, I'm a wimp. :D Jake is worse. He gets cold this time of year using a 1.5 Mako with a 2 mm hooded vest. Must be his Filipino blood.

I'm outa here. It's glass calm and I just came in to look at the satellite map.

• The Spetton and the Rob Allen lycra are both the same material. The only difference is the patterns/logo etc. They are both 8oz which is IMO excellent quality and would like to see other companies use this as well. The reason I say this is because I bought a Lycra top from Mares and tried on another from OMER and they were both very thin and when they were worn, the pattern stretched out and became almost see through.

With the 8oz, I've run up against reefs and barnacles with no rips or tears whatsoever.

• Hank both the boats I have access to are broken and it was glass here today same as for you :( How you and the boys do?

George Steele

• I'm working on rashguards. They will be available in the same patterns as the wetsuits.

hoods?

Hopefully they will have some long ass sleeves for those of us with monkey arms lol.

I've always thought that any sort of camo pattern w/ a solid high viz yellow/green/orange panel for the back would be ideal for freediving. It would make it easier to account for your divers, that's for sure. We already use pink electrical tape on our snorkels for the same purpose

• I got the wetsuit, Riffe Digitek.
    Very well made. Made by Yazbeck?

I got a ML long. or 52 long.
    for 168 to 180 lbs, 5 foot 11 to 6 foot 2.
    I'm just shy of 6 foot...by about half inch and 175-178 lbs
    The suit is a little baggy on my waist. Other than that it's a nice fit except, it's a little short in the top section. I"m hoping it'll stretch out a bit but when I first put it on my voice went up an octave. It's pushing up the crack of my butt a bit.
    We'll see.
    Happy with the quality though. But it's a bitch buying online when you can't try stuff on. I wear a medium Mako, a Large Spetton, a ML Yazbeck....

• Hope it breaks in, as you know I am subject to the same issues with online shopping doesn't even make sense to return stuff as it is so expensive to ship back

George Steele