Surfer killed by White Shark today

• Are those White ****ers still endangered? They look pretty healthy to me.

:@
    I've read a few articles that blame the Humboldt Squid for the increased activity. I have yet to see a squid wash up here in Manhattan Beach but we have plenty o juvi sharks.:confused1:

• :@
    I've read a few articles that blame the Humboldt Squid for the increased activity. I have yet to see a squid wash up here in Manhattan Beach but we have plenty o juvi sharks.:confused1:

Thats really interesting about the squid. Would it explain adult GWS activity or just the juveniles? The humboldt have been thick up here in monterey recently. There were dozens upon dozens floating dead in the bottom of the shallows last shore dive I went on here, and even a few that were on their last legs.

I wonder how long they will be in the area for, I hear they really do a number on the rockfish population.

• More Squid on Central Coast Shores Could Mean More Sharks - KCOY Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo - News

About 100 Humboldt squid wash up on Pacific Grove shore - MontereyHerald.com :

• :@

Juve white sharks have long been common in Santa Monica bay..... ie.... I know they were often caught by H&L and some commerical guys in the 50 and 60s....

Pretty much same for the small ones in San O area.