Going to be in Miami

• Hey I am coming down to Miami Jan 4-11. I can and hope to fish any day from the 6-10th. My wife is getting sent to a class for work on South Beach. Her work is paying for most of the trip! Lucky me. http://spearfishing.world/images/smilies/thumbsup2.gif Have a few questions.

What size wetsuit is good for this time of year?
    Is there anywhere to shore dive close?
    Anybody want to go out at that time?
    Are there any charters any of you would recommend?
    What size gun should I bring? I have a 70, 90, and 130.

I will have a car and can travel. I would love to get to meet some of you all. I obviously am not looking for some body to tell me any secrets, just a little direction and help. I would definitively be down to buy beer, dinner, gas whatever for anyone who wants to take me out. Last time I was down there I had a horrible time with my ears and the weather was bad. Hope to have a much better trip this time!

Thanks!

• If we have a good weather weekend ill take you on a shore dive. Maybe others will join

I got all that time off and a boat for us to hop on if the drivers available. Give me a shout when you get into town dude!!

• When I was in Fort Lauderdale I was just going out to dive and a lifeguard stopped me and told me I couldn't dive off the public beach when he was on duty. Is this the case everywhere on the beaches with lifeguards?

• When I was in Fort Lauderdale I was just going out to dive and a lifeguard stopped me and told me I couldn't dive off the public beach when he was on duty. Is this the case everywhere on the beaches with lifeguards?

I guess it depends where you dive. The lifeguards have gotten a little more pesky with their rules this fall then they were last winter where i usually dive there. One guy stopped me and told me and my friend who came with me that we were required to wear snorkeling life vests :confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1: another instance i gave my buddy jake some intel, he hit the beach but was prevented from going in the water because he didnt have a buddy. ive been kayak diving up there lately and they leave us alone... but who knows. I try n get up there before the beach gets crowded... or i gear up as much as possible at my car and head right to the water when i get there.

• Yeah. I once spent a solid three hours dealing with a lifeguard and then two cops and then the supervisor for the lifeguards

The issue that comes up is competing jusirdiction. The city, the neighborhood and in some cases the building adjacent all can be the ones claiming to have authority to make rules, and to a degree they can.
    They can do anything except interfere with your legal take. You have a right to legally take game. They can really only bother you and have no authority to cite or fine you. Only a cop can and only for doing something wrong

i like to spear fish

• Thanks for the info. I was upset at the life guard when he stopped me, but what could i do. He was actually pretty cool about it, told me when he was getting off work and said I could dive then. Unfortunately I had already pushed my away form my wife on vacation time limit and it was to late in the day.

• Well I will be in town and able to dive any day between this Sunday and the following Thursday. If anyone wants to go out and take a out of towner please let me know. What is the water temp there right now?

• Lookin at mid 70s right now. Id say id be free for a dive but the girlfriend gets back into town sunday night and I wont be leaving my place for a good 2 days... maybe next friday if conditions allow.

• If I drive up to the Haulover Beach park area is the shore diving good from there north? Good in a relative term. I am just as happy diving as I am fishing on this trip because of a lack of a kitchen in the place I am staying. If I kill something I am going to have to take it to a restaurant to have it prepared. Takes alot of the fun out of it. Not saying I gonna pass up on a nice fish though.

• If I drive up to the Haulover Beach park area is the shore diving good from there north? Good in a relative term. I am just as happy diving as I am fishing on this trip because of a lack of a kitchen in the place I am staying. If I kill something I am going to have to take it to a restaurant to have it prepared. Takes alot of the fun out of it. Not saying I gonna pass up on a nice fish though.

Go WAAAAY north of there... its impossible to get into the water with a speargun in miami dade on the guarded beaches. What sucks is there is a great site called the rockpile that runs straight out from haulover nude beach that is easy to navigate and holds fish but ive only been able to hit it by boat.. Meade street in hollywood is a good place to try out, its not stellar but you never know what youll find, theres reef and a boulder pile there.

Dude if you kill something just give me a shout, you can bring it by my place n use my kitchen. Got a cleaning table downstairs too.