Gun Modifications

• Didn't see a thread like this and thought it might be fun to start one. What have you done to your guns to improve performance? I am trying to improve the Mako guns I own. I thought they were great when I first got them but after having used a few different guns now there are a few things I don't like much at all. The worst part is the loading butt. I have seen you all mention this here before. It has two major problems- it ruins the sight picture and even worse (in my opinion) it interferes with your hand grip on the gun. I cut it down on both top and bottom and shortened it so that it is closer to the handle.

I know its rough but thats the skills I have got. It feels much better in the hand without that butt crowding it. Nothing I can do about how thick it is but I think its an improvement. If you all have any better or other ideas let me know.

So anybody else out there crazy like me and cutting up an expensive speargun?

• All I've done is put an Ulu Sub handle on my Wong magnum after hearing about Sheri Daye getting her face busted up.
    And I've put a Rob Allen reel on my Riffe C3X. I had to shave off some wood on the bottom so it would mount to a flat surface.

As far as modifying EXPENSIVE stuff......I did put a new Warmoth neck, pickups and tuners on a real Fender Stratocaster. Brand new guitar....maybe 3 months old. I guess I'll get brave enough to start tearing into some spearguns before long. :D

• I have replaced all the muzzles on my rob Allen's with tin man muzzles.

I modified my custom Tito gun, thanks Dan, to be an open muzzle that still shoots euro bands

i like to spear fish