• Which one? The one at the end is made of teak. It was one that I made myself a little over a year ago. The one at the beginning of the vid is a laminate of purple heart, zebra wood and lace wood.

• i actually love purple heart , growing up in Trinidad , purple heart is known for being one of the hardest and most beautiful woods around . i just bought a 10ft x 2x4 piece of solid purple heart that i am going to use for my first real gun after i am done with the pitch pine tester . i will post a pic of it on that thread . but really nice work on yours , great vid .

Be safe ... Happy hunting .

• There are a couple downsides to using purple heart in a build. The first as you alluded to is how hard it is. Its very tough on tools and dulls a blade very quickly. The second is its density; if you build a gun out of only purple heart there is a high probability it wont float. Now this may not be an issue for you but for most it is a desired trait.

• Prettiest build I have seen is here in the american gun builders thread, teak in the center and single purple heart laminates on the outside, also check out pHils H's web site he has some sick looking purple heart guns and everyone raves about his epoxy mix for guns.
    Cant wait to see what you creat

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele