New iki Jimi project

• i have used 3m 5200 to make engine mounts and it is tuff stuff , and Don there is a fast cure version that i thing cures in 2 days or so , it is also very flexible so it should not make the suit stiff but i do not know if it comes in any colour besides white .

Be safe ... Happy hunting .

• The spear can be uses for braining a fish. I use the shark spike, it's a better grip.

What does Iki means?

It's Chinese for master seamstress. Judah, are you planning to stitch your fish back together after you tear them up? :laughing:

• If you use the distance between the fish's eyes and then use that to make an equilateral triangle, you will be right on or very close to the brain. That's what I've been told anyway, I just go Hannibal Lecter until it twitches real hard and the mouth opens.

• The spear can be uses for braining a fish. I use the shark spike, it's a better grip.It's Chinese for master seamstress. Judah, are you planning to stitch your fish back together after you tear them up? :laughing:

http://i931.photobucket.com/al…er/Snapbucket/null-55.jpg

Hahahaha can't you tell I am a dainty little domestic

I may be inventing a solution where there isn't a problem but.....

i like to spear fish

• If you use the distance between the fish's eyes and then use that to make an equilateral triangle, you will be right on or very close to the brain. That's what I've been told anyway, I just go Hannibal Lecter until it twitches real hard and the mouth opens.

:toast: Then must you eat the fish with some Faba beans and a nice Chianti? ;)

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• looks good but does it put too much strain on your fingers ? :thumbsup2:

This should help :D

Seriously Judah, one more thing to carry and worry about getting poked by. Shifting all your essential gear around to accommodate another non essential piece? The point of the knife (no pun intended) is that it's multi use. Concerns about losing it should not be a determining factor. Put a bungee loop on it and make it habit of putting your hand through every time. The reason I use the spike to brain fish is because I'm too fat and lazy to bend over and pull it out of its sheath. Getting the spike out will be the same procedure so what's the point.

• This should help :D

https://spearfishing.world/image/thimble_zps04ba624e.jpg

Seriously Judah, one more thing to carry and worry about getting poked by. Shifting all your essential gear around to accommodate another non essential piece? The point of the knife (no pun intended) is that it's multi use. Concerns about losing it should not be a determining factor. Put a bungee loop on it and make it habit of putting your hand through every time. The reason I use the spike to brain fish is because I'm too fat and lazy to bend over and pull it out of its sheath. Getting the spike out will be the same procedure so what's the point.

Because the whole functional argument Judah was making was a cover story for the truth,, the truth is Judahs a history buff and this thing gives him a stiffy a little bit.
    lol really though its true I think the only thing that could make the idea worthwhile is to make a cool insert in one of your weights or something that it slips into

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• i would be concerned about swimming out with too much gear , especially pointy gear . my brother is a saturation diver in the oil industry and the only injury he has ever gotten was from his own knife . Lunker i love that you are innovating , with out guys like you this sport would never progress but one thing to think about is that if your tangled up below the water and low on oxygen you may , out of habit reach for your spike instead of your knife . you don't want to have to think too much in those situations .:)

Be safe ... Happy hunting .