Raw Dog Food

• hey Dan , seeing that we were talking about this before .

My mom has a toy dog , a little terrier mix that is not on the raw diet because she doesn't want her dog eating raw meat . She just came back from the vet because her dog has puss filled bumps on its skin . the preservatives in the dog chow caused skin bumps which then got infected . now the dog has to go on antibiotics and the vet just prescribed a raw diet .

Just a WARNING of dog chow .

Be safe ... Happy hunting .

• I feel it's my responsibility to educate dog owners about this, for the sake of the poor dogs. Commercial dog food is a multi million dollar industry in more ways than one. The filler used in ALL kibble to increase the volume of the food can't be assimilated by the dog, that's why dog crap from commercial food is three times the size, and causes a range of diseases the most common ones being skin disorders. Which brings the dogs to the vets where more millions get spent, the vast majority of vets have no clue about nutrition, and recommend the shit commercial dog food, and round and round it goes. This is no conspiracy theory, just sadly the way it works. It's absurd to contemplate people who believe the dog food companies know better about what's good for their dog than mother nature. But then most don't know what's healthy for themselves either.

• yeah i figured its best to have a thread on this because every dog owner i tell about the raw diet is shocked you can even feed raw meat to dogs . people need to be educated about the raw diet .:)

• forgot to say a couple of years ago one of our dogs had what looked like really bad mange but was nothing more than a food allergy , as soon as we switched to raw she recovered completely and yes , we tried every available brand of dog chow . complications from dog chow can be expressed in many forms like skin conditions . a vet also told us that dog chow tends to put a time limit on a dogs life , organs start to shutdown around 7-10 years , we have a 13+ year old rot mix that is ONLY alive because of the raw diet , he was dying and the raw diet was used as a last try . which worked extremely well .