Spearfishing pomes

• Yeah I know I misspelled it :)

From Terry Maas' Bluewater Hunters.

Great Mother Ocean brought forth all life, it is my eternal home.
    But I have been gone into strange worlds so long..
    countries without currents, countries without tides, countries without depth.
    I have forgotten how to live in the world that created me.
    I can no longer breathe the water.
    I am slow and I am clumsy, I have lost my grace.
    But the deep indigo of the depths calls me like a loving mother..
    return to the depths, return to the source, return to your nature.

Sometimes, beneath the shimmering surface of my memory,
    I sense the deeper memories of generation after generation of hunters.
    For tens of thousands of years I have kept a faithful record of my hunting,
    so the children of my children’s children will know and remember.
    And more permanent than any painted stone..
    is the memory that lies at the heart of my every cell,
    the memory of my hunting, the history of my tribe.
    And when I wake beneath the modern sky,
    full of smoke and sound,
    as from a dream I believe I lost my way back.
    For I cannot forget I am a hunter
    and I am from a race of hunters
    and there is no place for hunters in this time.

• From Mellvile´s Moby Dick, not spearfishing stuff though, but pertaining the hunt. the sea , the sun and the harpoon that has such afinity with the spear, as a mother with her siblings ...o ye , o ye o ye ...:D

". . . from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

"... Though amid all the smoking horror and diabolism of a sea-fight, sharks will be seen longingly gazing up to the ship's decks, like hungry dogs round a table where red meat is being carved, ready to bolt down every killed man that is tossed to them . . ."

" ... O thou Sea, thou shadow of all things, mock us to death with your shadowing" ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• You know monster I never found hate applicable to my experiences in the sea. There it's more about acceptance of everything even your time to go. Of course you do your best in the end but before then I try not to think about it. I believe the book is a warning of what happens when someone pursues an unnatural emotion. Don't know if something like that could happen in real life. Then again the point is that Ahab is crazy.

• Absolutely, i am agree, that´s why Ahab character ends up destroying himself from the inside out , a quote from Melville himself ..." But the lovely aormas in that enchanted air did at last seem to dispel, for a moment, the cankerous thing in his soul. ... From beneath his slouched hat Ahab dropped a tear into the Sea; nor did all the Pacific contain such wealth as that one wee drop. " The hate in his soul makes him pathetic and great at the same time ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver