Intro: Hawaii transplant to SoCal

• Hey all, I'm Sean. Originally born in Santa Barbara, but moved over to the Big Island when I was twelve. Went to UH Manoa for a degree in Biology, which I paid for with service as a medic in the 100-442. Been on two deployments to Iraq/Kuwait and finished my Army contract in 2010. Now, I've moved back to Southern California, Claremont specifically. My family and I go camping every year in the summer at Refugio/El Capitan and we weren't catching as much fish as we used to twenty years ago, so I decided to take up diving since I like the idea of being able to see what fish I'm going after, not to mention the great workout that is freediving. I'm on the career path to becoming a doctor so I'm trying to get as much diving in as I can while I have the time. Take care and dive safe!

• Welcome! I am in the same boat sort of. I am starting Dental School this Fall. I am hoping to get into the military to pay for schooling. But I am trying to get in as much diving and hunting as I can before USC takes up all my time.

• Although I was never planning leaving the military and using the GI Bill I received upon enlistment, injuries sustained in Iraq forced me out. I was sure glad I had that GI Bill to put myself through school after that, otherwise I would have accrued a massive student loan debt. If you can get into the military Hookinfish, definitely use that GI Bill.