new member from bim

• from reading and gathering info on wood guns i think i can craft a pretty good teak gun at the woodwork shop just need the parts and that may be another problem with customs :(

I have no doubt you could build a great gun, but if you are not experienced with a wide range of guns I would buy a good wooden gun with a 7.5 shaft and enclosed track or deep track... if its takin down 20lb barries go with a larger pipe gun and you wont be sorry, I have shot the carbon and regular and for the price point I cant see the point of the extra $ for a carbon. Marco and some of the surgeons here will say they shoot 40lb wahoo with their pipe guns regularly but they ain't normal :laughing:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• I get that wood is great and the way to go but I cant afford to buy one if I could I would that's why I am looking for the next best thing .that why I came to this forum to gather info on what people actually used and not to be fooled by a great gun only on paper.

I like the side or top line line release , open muzzle euro style as I never used a mid handle

I came across the pathos laser carbon open and the price is up my street is this gun suitible for me?
    The speardiver woodgun look awesome and price is a little over my limit but I would seriously consider that gun.

Thanks for the welcome guys and I appreciate your time for answering my guestions and I look forward to a part of this forums upkeep spearfishing to the world .

Yes dan I dont want any plastic in my mech neither I want a bottom line release two reasons why I stray from mako and RA

• Get a Speardiver 120 with 2 x 16 mm bands and a 7 mm SA shaft.

You won't regret. It can take the cudas you're talking about and also wahoos. Consistently.

Get a couple spare shafts, some feet of band and wishbone material. You'll be good for a while.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.