Nile-Tec Roller mech speargun trigger mechanism

• Friction between internal parts of a trigger mechanism is a key factor effecting trigger pull which could lead to shot inaccuracy at higher band loads starting from 3 or more bands.
    Design, material type and high polishing the internal parts at point of contact are some key factors utilized to reduce friction between Sear & Trigger.

The use of a “roller” action at point of contact has already been used on some Euro mechs…mainly Reverse mechs…but with a limited leverage area that could only be good for smaller guns due to the thickness of the axis around which the “roller” rotates and the width/thickness of the roller itself & the support area of the pin.

Since I already use relatively thick material (8mm) for Sear & Trigger, it gave me the advantage to design a “roller” 4mm wide that sits on a 4mm high polished pin…leaving 2mm on each end of the Sear for proper support……The challenge was to also produce a high polish at center of the roller to avoid friction between roller & pin during the rolling action when trigger is pulled.

Result
    The roller provided a very crisp & predictable trigger pull at higher loads…noticeably smoother than regular mech designs…and can be appreciated more at higher loads.

I took this concept 1 step further and applied it to the regular trigger mechs we all use and the results are very nice indeed.

I do not claim to have invented the roller concept in trigger mechs as it has been done on some Reverse Euro brands…..But I have yet to see this roller concept applied to regular mechs.

Price is $85.00 for either Euro or US version, which accept shafts from 6.5mm to 8mm (US 9/32” to 5/16”). The Niletec roller mechs are available in the US from www.FreediveStore.com.

• It really makes a diference... C4 mech have that (and also another pivoting part that locks the spear) and the trigger in the Urukay with 3 short bands is really smooth... It's not a small gun by any means but the other pivoting part might be the trick...