Poor man's spearfishing FAD Fish Aggregation Device

• I'm going to make a few of these. Found all the materials, it won't cost much. Only problem is I'll likely be setting them in a a few hundred feet of water, not 120. Just means I have to use more weight I believe.

• I'm going to make a few of these. Found all the materials, it won't cost much. Only problem is I'll likely be setting them in a a few hundred feet of water, not 120. Just means I have to use more weight I believe.

Not really, as your flotation will be just as much as you want; 4 soda bottles.

George: I'm always changing and improoving. Now I tie the sand bags with a constrictor knot similar as the one used to tie the bands. Trash bags are not tied, just open the strands of the poly rope and press one bag edge between it. I'm not sure I'm clear, but the bag is just pressed into the rope. I'll take pictures of the next one I make.

Last weekend my partner took a 70# cubera from one of them at 70' of water. Was resting/hiding just below one of the plastic bags. :)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Not really, as your flotation will be just as much as you want; 4 soda bottles.

George: I'm always changing and improoving. Now I tie the sand bags with a constrictor knot similar as the one used to tie the bands. Trash bags are not tied, just open the strands of the poly rope and press one bag edge between it. I'm not sure I'm clear, but the bag is just pressed into the rope. I'll take pictures of the next one I make.

Last weekend my partner took a 70# cubera from one of them at 70' of water. Was resting/hiding just below one of the plastic bags. :)

Clear as a bell, and very cleaver! Open up the strands to thread the trash bag through, when the rope goes back to shape it holds tight, and the more pressure/strain the rope is put under the tighter it holds the bags in place, brilliant!
    Man I keep dreaming of a big Cubera bro.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Kimani when is this bloody weather going to clear up!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! 3 weeks now of no diving and windguru has it with no end in sight :@ I am going :crazy:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Boy I telling you! I was just talking to one of my divers about the same thing. This weather is driving me crazy :(. I need to get that Cubera's friend that I saw on the wreck :laughing:.