Need new wheels, hubs and axel for my trailer

• The title says it all. One of my wheels split yesterday from being rusted through.

I've been looking online but was wondering if any of you Florida boys could recommend a good dealer and website. I want aluminium wheels, stainless lug bolts and nuts. Galvanized axels.

Any suggestions? I can order, pay and have it shipped down on Hyde Shipping out of Miami.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2:

• I got all the parts. Jake and I are going to assemble the whole new undercarriage today and tomorrow. Only a few things to weld.
    I went the cheaper local material route. It was going to cost about US$2400 to bring in all the parts with duty and shipping. It would have lasted longer but I got six years out of the last materials and to replace everything only cost US$750. (excluding tires)
    A guy here swears all i have to do is, after washing, spray all the parts with diesel fuel. We'll see.

Been almost two weeks dry…..this sucks.

• Hank,

Good luck with the new parts.

I use a tube of Marine Grease and a cheap brush and lather it up on the hubs, lug nuts leaf springs, and "C" clamps. I do this about twice a year and rinse with fresh water as soon as I get home after every outing. My trailer is aluminum framed so I don't worry to much about that but I do rinse it. Also, I don't have brakes :crazy: so if you or anyone uses this method I would say be very careful not to put grease anywhere that might contaminate the friction material or disks. Not sure how long it will preserve it as I just starting using this method about a year ago. The previous owner used to do it this way and although my trailer looks like shit it seems to be holding up very well.:)

• Thanks for the tips. I don't have brakes on my trailer.

I rinse mine after every use also but my problem is we have to back the trailer into a shallow silty, muddy, saltwater canal so it gets that stinky grey mud caked on the leaf springs, axel and all over. And then it sits in the sun for the 6-8 hours we're out diving.

I do grease the lugs and bearings every couple months.

My trailer frame is aluminium also and it's like new. I'll try the diesel and what you said about greasing. But I'm starting to accept the fact that this will be a regular maintenance thing every 6 years or so.

• My trailer frame is aluminium also and it's like new. I'll try the diesel and what you said about greasing. But I'm starting to accept the fact that this will be a regular maintenance thing every 6 years or so.

In my opinion, if your getting 6 years out of them your doing very good!:thumbsup2:

• When I rebuilt the trailer under my Mako I went with torsion axles and I highly recommend them. Cost was comparable for me to replace every leaf spring component or convert. I dealt with continental directly and they were very helpful. Torsion is nice because they ride nicer and have less moving parts, maintenance etc etc. If you haven't already pulled the trigger I would seriously consider converting.

• Thanks for the advice Mike.

I already replaced everything with local materials. I'm going to religiously spray it all down with diesel fuel after washing when I get home.

My trailer only travels about 4 miles round trip over a dirt, mud road in first or second gear. Every couple years I do haul it about 30 miles to the port authority though. But I go slow.