A Dying Art

• Here are a few pictures I wanted to share. It is a world a way from freedive spearing, but trapping is another passion of mine. I have been taking my little girl out on my trapline and teaching here the ins and outs of animals and trying to explain the importance of not loosing "wildness" in our lives. A bit heavy for a three and a half year old, but necessary in my opinion. We have a great time out there learning together, and her ability to understand and critically think at her age is amazing to me. Her favorite animal to trap is the Mink, so of course daddy got her a pink mink trap for Christmas (she already had a pole spear-lol).I am also a proud new father to a little boy born on the 30th of Dec, but he has at least a few months before he joins us. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Mark

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• I like the badger pic. I agree about preserving the wilderness and the wildness. It is important to remember our evolutionary heritage.

Did you make her hat

i like to spear fish

• I like the badger pic. I agree about preserving the wilderness and the wildness. It is important to remember our evolutionary heritage.

Did you make her hat

Where is the badger :confused1: :D
    Sorry bro, I couldn't resist :toast:

Stick em----way cool brother. You are indeed a lucky man sir.
    Please to post pictures of your new son = spearin buddy = best friend.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• No badger there Lunker. I can dig one up somewhere if you like. I think you a talking about the mink picture. No, I bought her hat. She had the same one and she lost it Pheasant hunting with me. On Christmas Santa surprised her with a new one.
    Hau, he will be showing up here soon. I'm building his polespear now. I guess I get a bit ahead of myself with all the excitement sometimes. Need to move a couple pics to photobucket. It still isn't possible to directly upload pics here is it?

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• First one is muskrat?

What's the problem with uploading pics?

My limited intelect I guess.:) Can I upload from my pc without a file share like photobucket?
    Muskrat, Beaver, Mink, Ermine or white weasel in pics. The first three share the water with me here.

-James McMurtry

• Thanks for posting this Stick em, I really enjoyed it. The landscape in the background of the first pic is amazing. One day your daughter will look back and really appreciate growing up in an outdoor environment, I know I do.(although it looks like she does already :)) I'm sure you get your fair share of game up that way, moose, elk, deer, sheep? I'd love to see more.