Spearfishing in the Cabo area... 4 options?

• Hey guys and gals. My girl and I are looking at going to Cabo in April for a week and I really want to chase some grouper and pelagics. I was curious if anyone has had any experiences with any outfitters in the area? I am looking at these however they are not necessarily in Cabo. I would like to at least dive for a few days while out there. I haven't booked anything yet and I am in a tug of war with the better half on where to stay. She wants a fancy hotel where she can hang in the sun and I am addicted to chasing finned creatures and eating them. Anyone know of a good compromise? Thanks in advance. :D

Spearfishing Los Cabos

https://www.facebook.com/SpearfishingCabo

Sea Sniper Baja

Palapas Ventana - The Best of Baja!

• I first went to Cabo San Lucas on a sailboat from Panama in 1962 and spent weeks diving all by myself all around the bay and the famous point. I returned to visit late last year. I loved it in 1962 and absolutely hated it in 2013. Just toooo damn touristy, crowded, he'll you can't even see the water/bay until you get out of town and high enough.

I will never go back but I am very fortunate that my wife and family prefer rustic, simple, authentic over whatever Cabo is today.

But you obviously have a delemna - 2 options 1). Ditch girlfriend :laughing3: or 2). Find a compromise by finding something on the edge of the mess of downtown and on the water. Or stay in the mess that is Cabo but take day trips north towards Todos Santos to dive the Pacific Coast while girlfriend plays in town.

Another option is forget Cabo (my suggestion) and stay in La Paz or one of the other towns or one of the dive operators you mentioned and girlfriend gets beach time while you dive or better yet - she goes on the boat with you. This is why the SeaSniper and Ventas are better options IMHO.

April is still YT cool and green water season.

Here is a season guide that might help you.

Also Monster Slayer lives and dives Baja de Sur and can better guide you. Good luck.

Seasonal fishing charts for the Sea of Cortez around La Paz in Baja Sur, Mexico.

Edited once, last by Oscar: Tried to help without being a wise ass - edited to help ().

• I agree with Oscar. Cabo is not ideal for shooting fish and Keeping your Girl friend happy. La Paz on the other hand Is a great town with shopping,dining etc, for your girl friend and it is close to the outfitters you mentioned in the La Ventana area. I have been hunting in the La Paz area for years mostly off of my sailboat but have also had great luck hiring the local pangeros out of Bahia Muertos. Day trips to Ceralvo and the 88 spot if yellowfin are running are the best off shore bets.