New Ft Lauderdale Diver

• Hey family,

My name is Jim. I've been doing quite a bit of research lately into freediving and spearing. I am also PADI Open Water certified and continuing my education/experience in that facet as well. So far I have very little experience with freediving and spearing. Right now I go once to twice a week shallow water diving (15-25') for the past couple months but have yet to even hold a speargun/sling. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps someone I could just tag along with and shadow would be awesome as well. I live right near Ft. Lauderdale beach but would be willing to travel. Again, any help is appreciated. :thumbsup2:

Thanks,

Jim

• Hi Jim welcome to the forums. This forum will teach you a lot of info about spearfishing if you dig in. It was my first tutor until I met other freedive spearos (who i met on here lol) There are lots of broward/miami divers here who may be able to help you out. When do you typically dive? Im in Hollywood, maybe we can do a beach dive sometime and I can show you how its typically done.

• Thanks for the quick response ReefChief. I typically dive Tuesday and/or Wednesday although I usually have one other weekday off. I frequently scuba Sunday mornings right off the beach with a group of guys but I'd gladly skip a few to see how it's done. Tagging along on a beach dive would be an awesome experience i'd be grateful to take part in. Thanks for all your help.