Help with my Aeris F10

• I have an Aeris F10 and some time ago it started giving me hard time. I always rinse it with fresh water, as I do with all my gear, but I think that maybe some salt grain or something could be formed in the dept sensor and is causing it to fail.

I tried washing it with a toothbrush and it worked for a while but then started again... Any suggestions? Maybe some hot water? Vinegar? Anything?

Another problem I have is that it activates too shallow. I mean, I would like it to activate after 2 meters (6 feet) or so to avoid it begin measuring while I'm surface swimming. Can I change it? How?

Thanks,

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• When I am in the Philippines if you sent something FEDX and then It was mailed back to you the cost would exceed the price of the watch. The customs would be on it with a fee as well as FEDX. Wouldn't matter that is was a used watch being repaired if it comes back into the country with a carrier like FEDX, UPS, or DHL get out your check book Momma. I had a speargun muzzle sent to me and they charged me 95 dollars for shipping and when it got there it an additional 45 dollars for fees and customs. The Part cost $25 US. So I understand why he wants to try to resolve it there if possible not to mention the turn around time. I accept the maybe you can't get there from here but still it is very frustrating to deal with service issues when out of the country. I just accept I am on my own and improvise or do without .

When I am not sleeping, I'm Spearfishing.
    My Aeris 10 only records 99 dives.
    I use them all every day the China Sea will admit me.

• I have to disagree with the above. Whoever sent you the muzzle didn't know what they were doing. Next time you need spearfishing gear contact me through FreediveStore.com, I'll make sure you pay the lowest shipping cost and no customs fees.

Marco, try contacting Aeris support http://www.diveaeris.com/about/contact-us/ or hello@oceanicusa.com[/email]. They'll probably ask you to send the watch in but it's worth a shot.

• I feel that dan is correct. A little research into the customs laws of where you are shipping to and you can easily get around the tariff. This is a little difficult on expensive items because you cannot properly insure then while under valuing them for customs. With private carriers this is usually not an issue because the insurance is based on what you pay not what you declare

i like to spear fish

• You're on the right track Judah. When shipping with UPS for example, you can provide two values for the goods; one for UPS insurance, and one for customs. Customs does not see the value for UPS insurance.

• Well, IT WORKED! :thumbsup2:

I heated half a cup of white vinegar in the microwave and with a toothbrush cleaned the sensor in the back of the watch. I did it with love and care...

Then, I rinsed it with fresh water and leave it rest overnight (I did it at night). The day after it worked flawlessly!

My thoughs are that maybe some salt grain or debris dried in the sensor cavity and made it work improperly. Heat and vinegar dissolve salt and minerals, so that was my bet. I've cleaned other watches with that method before.

I used it for 3 days without any problem. I'll keep you posted wether it fails again or not.

My advise would be to leave you watch in a fresh water bucket for a while and then rinse it very well.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• The f10 have an issue when the batteries are not putting out the correct voltage. This does not always trigger the low battery indicator. If batteries are not too difficult to obtain try changing them before sending the watch back. If that doesn't work keep your battery and send the watch back.