Shelter Cove weekend

• Beautiful water conditions for a Northern Ca. kayak fishing tournament. I arrived a day early to dive for big
    abalone that area is known for. Kayak paddled a couple of miles north of the cove just north of abalone pt to pretty decent visibility for that spot. Had a couple of friends with me that were able to find over 10 inch Abs. This is diving in 8 FOW. On the spot, I picked one Ab that just squeaked 10". After they left to harvest about 30 sea urchins for "uni" I kept diving finally locating a decent 10" + ab. Lower back starting to kill me twisting around in the surf measuring Ab's. I did all right in the fishing contest maybe 150th. Too much good food at these doings.

• Really nice Ab :thumbsup2:

What do they do with all of the fish filets? Fish fry or give to charity?

Nice.

• Yep, the tagging is a PITA , but they are trying to Stop all the Poaching going on. Like tagging an Elk or Deer.

I know that beach and cleaning station. My Boat is in Whitethorn over the hill. My diver buddy is probably your ISP. 101netlinks sound familiar?

• There is a LOT of fish heads & carcasses left over - what did they do with them?

• There is a LOT of fish heads & carcasses left over - what did they do with them?

They go into a grinder and down a Pipe to the Ocean.

I found this picture, you can see it in lower right side of picture.

Edited 3 times, last by Linghunt: typo ().