1mm Dyneema - has anyone tried it?

• Hello all!

I've stumbled across this dyneema line online, and was wondering whether anyone tried reel line with a 1mm diameter.

Sporasub Dyneema Braid 1 mm. Spearguns Nylon and dyneema lines, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive.

The advantage would be that I would be able to load more line into a 50m salvimar reel.
    The disadvantage, however, is that it might be a little too thin to handle easily with gloves.

I'd like to get some input from you guys (and girls) on suitability of a 1mm dyneema line for spearfishing.

As of now, I use a braided nylon line (with a core) for the reef fish that I go after. It's strong enough for my needs, but is not very abrasion resistant. I'm considering the 1mm dyneema because recently, many good pelagics (Spanish Mackerel, barracuda, trevallies) have been showing up in our spots.

Thanks,
    Nish

• 1 mm is way too thin to be handled with your hands. I struggle with 1.75 sometimas....

Understood, Marco. I can imagine that handling such line would be a pain in the a$$.

We do have Omer dyneema here, but the stores overprice it to ridiculous levels! (around $100 for 50m)
    The reason I asked about 1mm dyneema was because I know a fishing supplier who has similar 1mm dyneema (in olive green), and he sells stuff to me at good prices:). I've also read that some Mediterranean spearo's use 1mm dyneema line.

Anyways, my hunt for decent reel line continues!