New oleopneumatic invention traction roller Dyneema

• If someone has invented a better wheel, then good for them, but from a purely non-technical point of view, it seems over-engineered to me.

When it comes to mechanical things, I think the quote from Antoine de Saint Exupéry is very apt:

"The designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when when there is nothing left to take away."

• I'v been using for several years pneumatic guns on the Med Sea coast...
    usually we load the gun by holding the shaft in the right hand, gun barrel in the left hand, then we do pushing at the same time the shatf and the gun with the fin by kneeling...
    and you?
    does it work better with this innovation?

The problem with this gun is the start loads are too high on subsequent draws of the wishbones, just look at the figures, even if the gun works. It is trying to operate like a band gun, but there each wishbone draw is the same, with the "Dreamair" they are not. Only the increments are the same, but the base for each draw increases. Basically you would not have the strength to load it unless the pressure in the gun was significantly reduced. That drops the power of the gun, so why use this complex design for no advantage?

• A "Dreamair" speargun must be close to being put through its paces in the marine environment as here we see a couple of them at the seashore. They certainly look the part in these detail shots taken from the "Infinitengines" Facebook page. There is a lot of time and money sitting there on the rocky shore, so hopefully they will perform as intended. Technically they are pneumatic powered cable rollerguns with a variable ratio pulley drive or "CVT".

• Wow Pete! Way over my head, time to Google and try to figure this out...

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Wow Pete! Way over my head, time to Google and try to figure this out...

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Read about it here where I have gone into it "chapter and verse" as the saying goes.

https://forums.deeperblue.com/…/pneumatic-spearguns.110/

I would like to see the gun succeed, but it faces a number of problems, including potential inefficiency. Rather than the power angle I think the greatest benefit is that risky muzzle loading is eliminated, but I say that as a spearo who has fired and loaded all manner of pneumatic spearguns for many decades. However on occasion there have been some near misses (personally) and a few unlucky individuals have received a spear in the head when carrying out this task, often being complicit with their own stupidity, e.g. using a tin can as a hand loader.

Edited 3 times, last by popgun pete: added a further comment ().

• Wow. I actually had a similar Idea on a pneumatic roller style gun about a year ago. I was trying to think of a way to eliminate exposed roller bands by housing them internally. However this would either cause the gun to be negatively buoyant or very bulky. Then I played around with the idea of "pully guns" or demultiplied rollers, using mini blocks to shorten the band stroke, allowing more stock (buoyancy). then I thought of eliminating bands altogether and just using a metal spring (probably too heavy). finally realized an air spring would be optimal (similar in fashion to this oleo pneumatic gun).... however all of this is in my head and I have no experience with pneumatics or the wearwithall to go ahead making one of these. But seeing a gun like this come to life is really cool!! the future of spearguns is looking interesting.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: Of course I agree, a simple pipegun will kill all kinds of fish, but creating something new and bringing home dinner with it is always a rewarding experience.

• Looks like the "Dreamair" is getting its feet wet here. Cocked to shoot and targets lined up at a distance. All we lack is the shaft heading out and hauling the shooting line behind it, note the number of wraps on the line release finger.

Photos taken from the web-site circa September 2016.

• Another view of how the winding drums operate, there being separate inner and outer cables whose length is dictated by the lengths of the spiral tracks on the respective drums. Thus for the same number of axle revolutions each cable is hauled in, or let out, at different rates and different lengths.

• Inner cables are routed around a pulley on the front of the piston, in fact there is only one inner cable which attaches to each axle's inner winding drum. A means to opposing their travel is shown here by reversing one of the inner drums. Multi-axle versions (more than 2) would need to separate the cable runs to avoid unwanted interactions between them.

• PETE To me it seems strange to see photos without firing a rifle support for video and any video
    I only see a gun in plane with a bunch of little pieces and the cost of its realization can be very expensive
    that has an exit on the market.

A rifle shots, theoretical is one thing in practice is another, already you discuss Mr Andreas Zournatzis by direct message
    on his Facebook profile and I promised that in the autumn of 2015 would be completed and tested, I've only seen what
    I comment above.

https://www.facebook.com/ramon.javier.B

A mi me parece raro ver fotos sin disparos, un soporte en el fusil para video y ningun video
    solo veo un fusil en plano con un monton de piececitas y el coste de su realizacion puede ser carisimo y que tenga salida en el mercado.

Un fusil en planos, teorica es una cosa en la practica es otra, Ya se lo comente al Sr Andreas Zournatzis por mensaje directo
    en su perfil de Facebook y me prometio que en otoño del 2015 estaria terminado y probado, solo he visto lo que comento arriba.

• I have no idea why there is a delay in these things being made available, however logic would suggest an unexpected problem or difficulty in sourcing some component that has made the project run later than expected. Sooner or later we will find out, but for now all we can do is wait.

• Some information supplied by the "Infinitengines" Company concerning the current gun's physical dimensions.

The size of the "Dreamair" speargun is 110 cm (130 cm overall length). The dimensions of the oval barrel tube are 55 mm x 38 mm. (Note that a "standard" pneumatic gun, e.g. Mares "Sten", has a 40 mm OD tank tube with a 38 mm ID.) The weight of the gun without the spear is 1800 g and the gun can shoot spears from 6.5 mm to 8 mm in diameter with 150 cm length; spear shafts of a diameter larger than 8 mm can be used if a flotation element is added to the gun. The "Dreamair" speargun can be manufactured in various barrel lengths.