Member introduction - Fort Lauderdale FL

• Have been diving for over forty years and enjoy freediving the reef lines along the east coast of Florida. I've also started diving a lot more recently off a kayak with my son and would like to meet other spearos who share the same love of the sport.

Clavos

• Thanks for the welcome message Chase and Fatty. I look forward to sharing my experiences and adding value to the forum.

Clavos

• Thanks for the welcome Dude George. As a fellow island boy (Trini) I'll keep the pics family friendly. Would love to do a dive on the south east of Bequia. Have not been south for many years.

• Aye aye ah trini boy [emoji106] then welcome again fellow island boy!
    Bequia is fished out [emoji20] no enforcement = dead fisheries. Still have one or two spots though if you can go deep.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Sad to hear that this area is dead. 20 years ago the blue water dives were the craziest with dolphin over 50lbs and you still took the time to pick and choose. Now long gone I guess. Sad. Will have to do Spey Side Tobago.

• Didn't say anything about blue water diving [emoji6] that is still kicking, you said off of Bequia and I assumed you meant near shore. South Caribbean still is great pelagic spearfishing.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• I feel better now. :laughing:
    I would like to get down south with my son so he can share some of what I grew up doing out in the blue.