New diver, first build

• The gun looks solid and wel built, BUT, for my taste is too "square".

I know american made guns are that way, but I like more streamlined, rounded profiles.

Bands slots need a little sanding/profiling. Otherwise they will wear too soon.

BUT, it will kill fish for sure! :)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• So what is the fundamental performance difference between a band slot and a dedicated hole? Is it just that you can get another band in the slot if needed?

• Thanks marco. The next gun, I'm actually thinking about running a 5/8 roundover instead of 1/2". Make it a more rounded profile with shorter flats.

• I've never heard a convincing reason to go with a slot over the holes. I always thought it was purely aesthetic.

I did notice that it looks like you have some pearl inserts. Are those just for looks? They would make a great place to hide lead if they aren't already glued in.

Otherwise GREAT work. It will definitely shoot fish and will only fuel your urge to build more. It's a sickness.

I agree about the loading pad. At the very least round the edges so they don't dig in. I would also suggest a little rubber so it doesn't slip.

• The abalone is just decorative. A friend had some abolone flashers he used and they got a lot of attention.
    The pad is going to be a definite need. My 5mil suit only gives so much padding.