another ppd thread

• I'm not trying to rehash a discussion on powerhead ethics or safety as I'm pretty sure that horse has been beaten to death many many times, I'm just looking for a source for a decent slip-on ppd. I've scoured the web for awhile now and all I can find are powerheads for threaded shafts and poles like the Beco product line or bang sticks for alligators and commercial guys, or the slip-on aluminum $35 one with the rubber hose deal. What I'm looking for is a unit I can depend on when it counts and it seems like all of the recommended manufacturers are gone now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Hey Dan, I saw those units on your website but from what I gathered they are not available for sale and the page said you wouldn't answer any questions about them, so I'm still looking for a supplier, short of having my own units machined. I'm not trying to invest in the tooling to build my own, just want to acquire a few and be done with it. Thanks, anyhow.

• You are correct, these are no longer available for general sale. But because it's an indispensable piece of gear I feel compelled to offer the PH to local divers who come to the shop, then I can make sure they'll use it responsibly. The reason I posted in this thread is because I saw you're in Miami.

• Good idea for reducing liability issues, but what the heck? I feel prejudiced. Ha! I guess I'll just need to find an excuse to go out to Florida.

• Dan, me llama la atención el calibre 7,62x54 para ese fin, siendo este una ammo no de cacería. No dudo que haga el trabajo...

Lo digo porqué en USA hay buenos calibres de cacería (444 marlin, 45-70gov, 30-06spring, 450marlin..... las lista es muy grande) incluso los calibre de escopeta son muy potentes en esas distancia a quema ropa.

Será por lo barata?

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!