How to remove Pathos speargun handle grip?

• Hi folks!

I'm trying to change the Pathos Handle Grip but I haven't get it done! It's too hard! Anyone knows an easier way to remove it ?

I tried to pull without sucess!

I want to remove the red and insert the white one!

Bruno Teixeira

Edited once, last by brunot ().

• The Pathos grip is removed by punching out the plastic pin. Then with a lot of swearing and crying, basically destroying the handle in a vise while you hammer on the handle frame.

The stock grip (generally right handed ergo target style grip) is lightly glued on to the handle frame.

Youll need to :

1.Tap the pin out,

2.Place the grip in a vise (use cloth to keep the knerling on the jaws from causing too much damage to the grip....if you want to save it)

3.lightly tap on the plastic frame (trigger gaurd) to see if the impact will break the glue

4.If not, use a mechanics chisel or a dull wood chisel to seperate the grip from the handle frame (tapping on the chisel with the mallet creating a wedge between the two pieces)

5.This may not work (it usually does) but if the glue is a little too much you may want to cut into the grip with a hack saw (not too deep into the handle frame)

6. Ive also filed and shaped the handle to fit my hand better.

Hope this helps,

Josh

• In the vice I like to use rubber. A piece of old (thin) rubber car mat is perfect, it even has ridges running lengthwise which makes for a better grip in the vice.

I don't know why glue is necessary between the grip and handle frame. The Speardiver Phantom handle only requires the pin, the pin is stainless steel though.

• Hi Josh! I had two problems with the original handle grip that was:

*my hand is too big for it! It doesn't grip well, sometimes, hurt my hand;

*I usually shot with both hands and the handle grip just works with right hand!

So I bought this model that fits im my hand, don't hurt them and I can shoot with both them!

It worked! After a lot of swearing and crying!!! kkkkkkk Ant it had a piece of rubber inside the handle grip, between grip and pin, I believe that was to "fix" really hard!

I didn't destroy the original handle grip...Believe or not! I tied a rope in the hole of the grip and pulled out hardly! I could change the model that i wanted at first!

Thanks a lot for yous help!

Bruno Teixeira

• In the vice I like to use rubber. A piece of old (thin) rubber car mat is perfect, it even has ridges running lengthwise which makes for a better grip in the vice.

I don't know why glue is necessary between the grip and handle frame. The Speardiver Phantom handle only requires the pin, the pin is stainless steel though.

I agree with you Dan!!! They shouldn't use glue or rubber to "fix" it!

Bruno Teixeira

• BTW the original (red) handle on your gun is very painful on the chest when loading. I said this years ago when Pathos first came out with this handle. Probably the reason you changed it, not just because of the color. White is much more visible in less than clear water if you have to locate your speargun on the bottom.