Rob Allen Water Traps

• Did a minor modification to my RA Tuna 110 today. This speargun works great and i have no major complaints. One of the minor issues i have with it however is the collection of salt water it stores after each dive. The RA barrel has barrel plugs which seals well but there is some space between the respective barrel plugs and the muzzle and handle as well as the empty spaces built into the plastic components. These spaces are probably just for materials / weight savings. The issue however is the trapping of salt water, i would wash the entire speargun THOROUGHLY with fresh water but as i hang the speargun for storage it would VERY slowly drip water for days, salt crystals would also form around the seams of aluminium and plastic which would promote corrosion especially on one spot of the shaft, if the shaft was stored on the barrel (not something i do often). So i took apart the speargun and cleaned it thoroughly and filled the spaces with candle wax. I just held a lit candle upside down to fill the gaps (keep in mind to take measurements to ensure you don't over fill the gaps and thereby hindering assembly). This would also need to be done differently if you use a ballasting weight. Overall i added about 50g of wax, which isn't much weight at all. I also added a small amount of anti seize paste on the screws that thread into aluminum as they're dissimilar metals.

Be safe ... Happy hunting .

• A couple of tiny drilled holes also work as the area floods when you stick the gun in a wash tub and can then drain and dry out. On some guns you can take screws out occasionally if they are threaded and not self-tappers.

• Hey Pete. Yep was thinking about that but wasn't feeling to drill it to be honest. Dan i haven't tried it yet. Will dive wednesday and let you know how it goes. Yep its no fault of the gun, really can't complain about it , just figured i'd try to reduce it and see how it goes.

Be safe ... Happy hunting .