Need footpocket suggestions

• I've been through a bunch of footpockets, and I suffer from slipping heels. I've used 44-46 Picasso pockets with Argos 4mm socks, and the heels slip slightly. But these pockets are heavy and sink, and I'd like to get away from them. I recently got a set of OMER Rekords with 44-46 pockets, and had to go down to a 3mm Cressi sock, and again, slippage in the heel. I had the same problem with C4 SuperFalcons 45-46 with the Argos socks. I tried using the laces, but it made the fins too tight. I've also tried fin keepers with a lot of these pockets, but found them either too tight or not tight enough, depending on the size.

So, any suggestions? I have a set of Cressi 3000LD's. but I HATE the blades. I've thought about trying the new Sporasub Revolutions, but I'm on the fence with them cause I don't know how I feel about another set of plastic blades.

I'm open to suggestions...

• First I'd like to offer that there is hope. Read this post http://spearfishing.world/13703-post3.html and maybe the whole thread. The premise is that someone who has always used fin keepers suddenly didn't need them with a footpocket that fit them better. This is not to say that I recommend waterway footpockets, they fit me well but are very stiff in the tendons and sole.

Another thing you should look into is the omer in between sizes that they have as of a couple of years ago.

I couldn't find a Picasso footpocket that will fit me, their sizing is the worst.

I don't know which blades you've tried but I'll say it just in case. When you try fiberglass blades you will never go back to plastic, when you try carbon blades you will never go back to fiberglass, I'm waiting to try kevlar. In all cases if you have the possibility of course, all fins are usable, to me it's about the ultimate comfort and performance at a reasonable price.

My favorite right now is the H Dessault footpocket, see this thread http://spearfishing.world/fins…sault-footpockets-fs.html

• That's what I'm hoping for. I know there's a footpocket out there for me, I just haven't found it yet. I've also tried the Nemo pockets, bifins as well as the ones on my monofin, and I'm really not a fan.

I've also pondered trying to find a smoothout sock, but the only ones I've seen that I think might work are the new Sporasub socks. Yazbeck makes one that has smoothout on the toes, but not on the ankle where I want it.

• I put on the Mares footpockets but didn't use them in the water. I can't give a detailed review other than that I generally didn't like them. The downward angle of the tendons is over exaggerated. The area for the front of the foot seemed too small. If you're thinking that they're like the Cressi Gara footpockets I'd have to say no. The Cressi footpockets are like normal footpockets, the Mares are an extreme design change.

• even though it is not too helpful because they are not changable. i really love the gara for pockets, they are tight enough not to slip or feel like you are losing power, but they never bind or blister or pinch. they should make interchangeable one like those

i like to spear fish