WTB - Short piece of 7mm or 9/32" shaft

• I'm working on an open muzzle for Adrian's Rob Allen gun, and we want to incorporate a built in kill spike. Does anyone have a short piece of 7mm or 9/32" stainless shaft lying around? 6" would be plenty. 4" would probably do.

Thanks.

• Tin Man---obviously you know that I am very excited to hear that you are developing a new RA open muzzle WITH an incorperated kill spike:thumbsup2:
    This is what I asked for months ago when we worked on the first round barrel speargun kill spikes.
    Once again, it is important that the kill spike and the shaft be the same size so that a PPD will fit same on both.
    Sorry that I don't have any 7mm shaft pieces to send you but I will buy one of the new muzzles:D
    Thank you

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Shark defense? I don´t think so, you can poke them with the blunt tip of the gun with the same effect. I would be shy to put extra shit on a light speargun as a railgun. That sounds like a wooden scuba speargun thing to me. You can still use the stringer shaft as a kill spike for the catch.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• A ppd doesn´t sound like a good idea to me, cause, you just don´t have the time, and a 7.62 bullet at the tip of a stick 40 something " away from you sounds scary. You can always put a shaft through the gills if need be .. Imo :)

• It's not psychological peace of mind for me because I don't think about the PH, it's simply part of my belt. I know it's there and I either get a chance to use it or not. If I do get a chance to use it then it was correct for me to keep it.

• You must need at least a dang bandolier full of ppd´s, should you be diving the revillagigedos :D

It´s like carrying a gun to stop crime. You have more chances to get killed packing, than rather not, but still gives you peace of mind.

• You're being silly. Of course you won't be able to stop a predatory attack by a great white, you'll know of him once you've been hit. But a shark that's indecisive or a shark that's determined to have your fish will give you a chance to use a PH. Look at what happened to Ryan McInnis and his friends with the tiger shark. I believe they had a chance to use PH in that situation, instead they put a few spears in the shark and killed it. IMO the responsible thing would've been to keep a PH. Had they shot it with a PH the shark might have been deterred and not needed to be killed (although I have no problem with killing it).

• Mmmh, I am a bit afraid of bullets that powerful (7.62) Maybe if I see one being detonated underwater, i would think differently. Just fear to unknown effects I guess. I recall the Clasen´s Incident with the tiger that took 7 shafts to tame, and he ended up killing it with a knife. Should he were using a PH. The all ordeal could have been safer. I just don´t know of any cases of freedivers killing shark with those devices.

By the way I do have a 7 62 ppd my self never carried tho. I read somewhere that a shaft knocked a diver out with a Ph ricochet. Feel safer without it .

• I've been meaning to make a video of the PH going off. I've fired it before, no big deal like ear pain or whatever you may be thinking. You can feel the concussion wave in your body and it's a bit scary the first time, that's it. How far away do you think this guy was when his PH went off?

http://spearfishing.world/106-post2.html

• I used to think that a ppd was a good idea, but since it doesn´t have a safety or firing pin, i had second thought about it. One of the greatest fears that hunts me down is a speargun misfire, since one of my dive buddies uses a huge speargun with an udersee mech fittted with 5 bands!! The gun is hand made and that t.M. is intended for using one or two bands tops. He says that the mech holds up. Add a ppd to that picture :0

• I guess in Florida or Louisiana is a good idea to carry one tho. Around here if they catch you with a Ak 47 bullet, they will ground you for at least ten years and a huge fine, an extra added beauty from this beautiful country ..:(