Adrian's new muzzle

• These are my thoughts on the length of the spike http://spearfishing.world/spea…-spike-for-spearguns.html Basically just long enough to be able to detonate a PH.

No matter how long or sharp a spike is you will NEVER be able to kill a free swimming shark with it, these are the sharks we're concerned about. My experience is that shark skin is very tough yet very sensitive. The sharks react to the poke instantly not giving the tip a chance to sink in. If the spike were able to sink in deep it would not reach any vital organs and it would not hurt the shark any more seriously but it would increases the possibility of the shark ripping the speargun out of your hand. I remember reading an old book where divers would make a shark stick from a wooden dowel by nailing an upside down beer cap to the tip of it.

Consequently for it's intended use I don't think the spike has to be long at all, it need not protrude more than 1.5" in front of the speargun muzzle. This is also long enough to accommodate and detonate a slip-on powerhead.

• Excellent! Thank's for doing some controlled testing Adrian.

I'll make up a batch then, with the spike a bit shorter. I have enough material to make about 6 black ones, and a few experimental white ones.

Dan - If 1.5" is long enough to attach your powerheads, then that is what I will use. Previously, they extended 2".

• Tin Man---pick me:)
    I want a black one if clear is not available :D
    Is your address the same for me to mail payment to?
    I will PM you with my new address for you to ship to.
    Thank you Tin Man and Adrian :thumbsup2:

• Thanks Hau.

I'm about half way done with a batch of 6 black muzzles and 2 white ones. LunkerBuster has already agreed to test one of the white muzzles, and I'll give the second white one for free to anyone who bought a black one and is willing to test the two under similar conditions.

• :thumbsup2: Thank you Tin Man :thumbsup2:
    With the amount of spearin I do and the many, many times a day that I shoot it won't take long to have a good evaluation of your new muzzles.
    Thank you

• Alan, I'm not crazy about the RA open muzzle as far as the line routing goes. The Aimrite muzzle is a very nice muzzle for $40 containing all the features of a good wood gun. We will soon be coming out with our own modified version of it which will sell for less.

I didn't like the routing of the line on the RA open muzzle either but this can be fixed by putting a groove in the forward left or right tab so when you load the bands and they get smaller the line becomes loose. Just notch a tab in the front of the muzzle and wrap the line through there it works really nice, I used a dremel but even a pocket knife would do.

• Well today is my lucky day. On the odd chance that my new TinMan muzzles would be in the mail box I opened the mail box and there they were, 1 black and 1 white :thumbsup2:
    The new muzzles are beautiful. Thank you Tin Man:clap2:
    I'm gonna try to get the new muzzle mounted up sometime this week and try it out.
    I'll report here as soon as possible.
    Again thank you Tin Man for another beautiful product :toast:

• I too received my pair and I was really impressed with them, they just feel very solid and well made...not that this was a surprise, but they were even more impressive then the picture conveyed.

I have the white one mounted and will hopefully get to test it soon

i like to spear fish