Getting better...

• Gang:

Today I went to crashboat in Aguadilla and was able to touch the bottom, about 25ft, down in the pillars area an stay down swimming very close to the bottom for a few seconds, maybe no more than 10. For you seasoned freedivers... this is everyday stuff... to me... I felt like Superman.

All thanks for my new GARA 2000HF fins, I used no weights to get down and did a few immersions before my left ear started giving me problems. I suffer from sinusitis and every once in a while I have a hard time equalizing. It's amazing what a decent pair of fins can do for a newbie like me.

Cannot wait for the next weekend to hit the water again when I get a chance.

hasta pronto,
    Pablo

• I didn't checked the fish there this time around, I was concentrating on staying down as much as possible. I have gone scuba there many times, there are jacks and groupers. From what I've been told the jacks there are a real challenge, they seem to know what a speargun is and never give you an easy chance for a shot.

• Pablo que bien, call me on the week to check if I can go with you, will start studing on some saturdays, have to check out, yesssssss jacks on Crash Boat are very wary fish, there are some macks too.

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Visibility wasn't the best, I could see the bottom from the top but it wasn't as clear as other times I've been there. I guess visibility was around 30feet.

Of course I will give you a call Pucho, I need to get the most time on the water I can. Doing it without weights was a plus, never thought the fins could make that much of difference... I though I would need weights to go down... I guess I will need them later to stay down.

• way to go buddy, the first time i touched sand in 30 ft i thought i was superman and the first time i shot a fish in 45 i knew i was a freediver for life. you'll be getting better with each dive so keep at it and congratulations

i like to spear fish