• Ive bee diving for about 3 year but have gotten into it more. I recently took the fit II course and hope to learn more from the forums.

• Welcome to the forum.

About the safety learnt in these classes. How do you express what you have learned to the divers around you on a given day to affect and do you find yourself putting the safety tips into affectas you dive now.

If possiable please start a thread and share your thoughts about the course.

Welcome,
    .Larry O M. . .

• About the safety learnt in these classes. How do you express what you have learned to the divers around you on a given day to affect and do you find yourself putting the safety tips into affectas you dive now.

Those are good questions Larry that I was wondering myself. Hopefully Miamidiver will take the time to answer.

• One thing the emphasized a lot on was one buddy down one buddy up. Never dive by yourself and always have someone watching you. On deeper dive around 100 ft have your buddy meet you at around 20-30 ft just incase something happens on your way up. Ill have to double check the depths because I'm not positive ill check when I'm home.

They also teach your proper breathing techniques and body position. An other important thing we learned is how to rescue some in the even that something goes wrong.

My 3 years of dive have mostly been for lobster so I'm new to spearfishing and willing to learn, if anyone want to take me under there wing I would really appreciate it

• One thing the emphasized a lot on was one buddy down one buddy up. Never dive by yourself and always have someone watching you. On deeper dive around 100 ft have your buddy meet you at around 20-30 ft just incase something happens on your way up.

Theoretically that sounds plausible but in reality it never works out that way. Those things are not really applicable to spearfishing IMO. Everybody wants to shoot fish and usually spread out in the water. It comes down to same ocean same day buddy diving. The only time I conscientiously ask for a spot is if I'm doing a particularly deep dive to do a recovery or something. Normally you'll be lucky to have someone casually keeping an eye on you as opposed to diving down to meet you. Those techniques are for competitive freedivers who have nothing better to do than watch each other go down and up. The only way those techniques will be used in spearfishing is with two men one gun style of spearfishing.

• Just because people don't do it, it doesn't mean that it isn't the safer way of doing it. Choice, I guess.