Made it to the east coast today.

• Well yeah I know the phrase "he's a fruit" but I didn't know that fruit was applicable to the east coast in general. I find the people here quite rough around the edges except for certain areas in Ft. Lauderdale :hi:

What about nuts?

• California is crazy. A lot of those people have their heads waaaaay far up their asses. But as i'm coming to find out, the fish lovers are pretty bad out here too.

John, it's great to see you on here, brother. And trust me, i've already mapquested your house from here. ;)

• There's some post over on planet not too long ago of a few guys freediving off Georgia's coast. I think they were from NC and drove down. They hit some nice fish, cobia's, AP and some others maybe gags. I was interested in the thread as there are not a whole lot of freedivers out of Georgia. If you don't mind driving a bit south from Savannah, JAX has some of the best diving in the planet if you are willing to do 80'+ dives.

• I don't think i'm ready for 80' yet, but I'm already eyeing a spot in either the PFI or the DiveFIT next year. And Jax is like 2 hours away. I'd totally be down for that. I just can't go for months on end without getting in the water. I'll lose my mind!

• By the way, what are you guys wearing for wetsuits out this way? I know it's gonna depend on what part of the coast I'm at, but it looks like I might need to look at trading in my 5 mil suits for something thinner...

• I take that back. Jacksonville is like 8 hr drive north right? That could make for a serious temp difference. Hold on to your 5mm at least for the coldest days of the winter, why not be cozy if you can? You're used to colder water so at first and until you get fully acclimated it may seem like you don't need it.

• You might be surprised as to what bad vis is.

Down here bad vis is usually 30-20 ft, where I'm sure in Cali that is considered good vis.

Davie Peguero