Wishbones

• Why do almost all Euros come with metal ones?(Omer,Cressi) Why do most non-euro euros(RA,Riffe,Hammerhead,Mako,Pelaj) come with Spectra or Dynema? Any performance difference? Some say better line of sight, I disagree.

• When you refer to metal wishbones, are you talking about the ones that are made from a simple round wire? Or the "articulating" ones that have tiny hinges and more elaborate shapes?

I have had the round wire ones break on me many times (as that's what my old JBL had for years before I knew there was a choice). Always this occurred on loading, and I never got so much as a scratch. Of course, I always wear gloves, so I can't say what would happen if bare handed.

One of the reasons that I like them is because without looking I can feel them "click" into place behind a shark fin tab. When I am diving on scuba, all the additional equipment can make it difficult to see and feel the loading process as well when chest loading.

• alan that video is sooo funny.
    I don't like metal wishbones because i almost amputated one of my fingers once , just like alan said.

• when i load my gun which has an RA band (dyneema) and RA shaft (notch) I get a pretty good audible click and a solid tactile response as i pass the first notch and engage the second...I never have to look at it

i like to spear fish