mako and rabitech likeness

• the barrells are completely different..Rabi Apex barrells are thinner with a glued on track, and Makos Iconic pro barrells are beefier with a regular aluminum track..other than that they are the same..IMO both guns shoot good...most of you forget its not the arrow....

• Well it is true that I found the Mako predaor pro speargun to be accurate, at least with Steven's setup; one 16mm band and 7mm shaft with short overhang. The first and only time I shot it I hit a small fish at a good range. But that's not the point. There's isn't much to a speargun in terms of basic functionality, it's a glorified slingshot. As long as the mech is capable of holding the shaft with the bands stretched you can shoot stuff. To me it's about the finer details that make the gun user friendly.

• I concur, generally speaking, when a speargun shoots in an inconsistent way, 99% of the time is due rigging issues. Wether the gun is overpowered, the shaft too heavy or even the shaft has a bend or a twisted flopper. Just rigg a JBL with a thinner shaft and tip, add a couple of smooth bands, and bingo, it will shoot better. I learned this the hard way, trying to defy basic physics is not a cool thing.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver