hello from RI

• hey, everyone!

i am deaf and i am new to this. i do freediving all my life and spearfishing too! i want to join this site and try to share with u all and learn new and better for freediving and spearfishing.. something to improve my skills and also i play underwater hockey for RI RED. anyone here play underwater hockey? does anyone from RI?

cheer everyone! :thumbsup2:

• Welcome to the forum DeepHunter. With the short diving season up there underwater hockey for me would be a way to stay sane. Always wanted to try it but since the diving here is year round spearfishing is a priority.

• short dive in RI? not for me. i dive all year around up here. here is for cold water divers. UWH awesome! great training to improve ur breath holding for sure. u gotta try it sometime. it super fun game thoe.

• hi all..i use picasso 7mm wetsuit.water here not that cold as u think it is. engine block lol funny! yes add 2 more pound than my normal 5mm. warm or cold water dont bother me. i just love to dive any where any water temp. i just love to dive everywhere it is beautiful and so different. good experince thoe.

do u guys only dive warm water? have any of u dive here RI?

• Spearbored :thumbdown1: and too many bubble blowers over there, we're the outcasts ;) freedivers rule!

I believe there's no one on this board from that far North. I hope this doesn't deter you from hanging out with us. There are new members joining all the time and if you put up reports and pictures of your diving other freedivers will find them through the search engines and join. I'm interested to see pics of the sea in the areas you dive and the fish you get.

• gotta tell u something happen today. went spear after caught 2 striped bass decide to go back down to try find white chin tautog dive down about 35 feet the viz was about 10 feet i am sure it not like fla!anyway i lay on rock and wait for tautog all of sudden there is black color come up to me so fast and just swing by my face it seal! it f**k freak me out! lol! i am not sure what kind seal but that shit scare the shit out of me!

• Yeah, 10ft is very crappy vis for us. One thing that I imagine you enjoy though is relatively virgin hunting grounds, I wouldn't think there are too many spearfishers in RI. Whereas over here the ocean is like an old whore. We mostly worry about getting run over by boats.

• no i love this site. i do scuba myself but lost buddy and havent done almost 4 years now. i do lot freediving and of course with UWH thoe. no i dont care if i am the only one from north thats awesome i want to share with u guys about north i would love learn about ur south. i play uwh in fla. at fla univ. but never had dive in ur area or any where south. i am too poor. lol. well i do hope if i hook up with anyone on this site who from fla i would love someone show me awesome spearfishing site and freedive.

• pix etc. i never had a pix of myself dive. i dont have any camera or anything i am too poor to buy one. but i can ask few ppl i just know to see if coould take some pix and the fish i catch. i am sorry dont have one right now. but i will try to get some and post on this.