We're "The competition"

• This has just come to my attention, it's funny and I can't help myself from saying something about it. One of our members posted a youtube video about installing blades in footpockets on SB in response to someone asking that question. This is a video that I made and as with all of them I have a watermark with the forum URL in it. One of the SB moderators deleted the post saying that the video provided a link to a competing board which is against SB rules. Now I don't remember any such distinction made about planet. Regardless, Speardiver being "the competition" has a nice ring to it :) Thanks Grogan!

• 11.) UNAUTHORIZED PROMOTION ON SPEARBOARD - Substantial resources have been and continue to be invested in Spearboard to maintain its leading role as a free resource to spear fishers throughout the world. Spearboard's leading role also means we need to take steps to protect our name and reputation with a worldwide audience. The use of Spearboard avatars, signatures, body text, images and/or links to promote products, services, media, technology, events, raffles, contests, tournaments and other ventures without the prior written permission of Spearboard management is generally prohibited. You may be asked to remove your promotional effort, especially if it is of a continuing or repetitive nature. Alternatively, you may be invited to become a sponsor of Spearboard in order to continue your promotional effort in designated forums on Spearboard. Decisions about the implementation of this policy will be in the sole judgment and discretion of Spearboard’s moderators and administrator.

Davie Peguero

• I'm not in disagreement with such a policy. But that vid and posting it was hardly a repetitive promotional effort. Regardless I understand why it tickled them, I just think it's pretty cool that they consider FSF to be some kind of threat. I don't consider SB to be a threat, it's too big already.

• Actually I was "invited" to become a sponsor towards the end when I was still allowed to post on SB and was selling the waterway blades. It was that or my thread would be deleted, the thread was deleted as I wasn't about to give the Grogan any money. Looking back now after having the experience of running a forum I'm not in disagreement with the action taken. But because it wasn't a serious business for me back then I couldn't understand why they did it other than to spite me.