microfibers and graphite

• Hi Iam looking for small quantity of microfibers and graphite, for an enclose track about 6 inches long, only place that I find them here is in WestMarine but tooo expensive or any place I can get it for less than them.

Thanks

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Pucho, The reasoning behind the partial epoxy enclosed track is to prevent the front of the track from splintering if force is applied upwards on the shaft right? I've experienced this splintering effect already on my current gun, it doesn't have this protection. However I don't like to mess with epoxy if I can avoid so for my next gun I'm going to use two steel plates screwed down at the end of the track to trap the shaft and prevent upward movement. I hope it will work as I've never seen it done before.

• I tend to agree with Dan, and I can offer two additional thoughts as well. The first is to use Delrin instead of steel plates. Delrin is plenty strong, and is easily worked with wood-working tools. My hunch is that it also would be quieter (if you care) than steel rubbing on steel. And if you are using any non-stainless shafts, the Delrin would be far less likely to wear off the protective shaft plating (as on Rob Allen shafts). Or maybe neither of these is a concern, depending on the gun design.

Another approach is to use a short section of Delrin dovetailed into the muzzle, and then cut the track straight through the delrin and wood at the same time. This is the full length delrin track that I used, but the concept would could obviously be used for a short section as well, and need not extend above the top surface of the stock.

• Thanks for the page and the price look great, Dan yes is to prevent the wood from spliting.

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

• Hi Jeff or others do you have notice any difference between epoxy track and a delrin track beside the extra work?

Pucho

Pucho
    Aguadilla, Puerto Rico