Technisub Micromask questions

• Ok i need a new mask, i guess i have a slightly large nose because the Riffe Naida mask that I own hurts the bottom of my nose, the bone between the nose and upper lip and it is because my nose is so tight in the nose pocket and the skirt just needs to be a tad bit lower and it would be golden.

So can anyone tell me if the technisub Micromask may fit me better, does it have ample space for a large (not huge just i guess a little bigger than most) nose and that the skirt at least comes down more than the Riffe style masks.

I own the Riffe "Naida" and the "frameless" which are fitting me great around the face accept the nose, it is the nose pocket of the Riffe masks actually that are a bit small. The Riffe fit for "medium to wide" is fine for me just the nose is a bit small.

Will those who know of these mask but now use the Technisub Micromask be able to tell me if the micro will be better as far as a "medium to wide" fit and slightly more nose room on this mask? thanks all.

• I have said mask, I also have a small nose and my nose hits the bottom of the skirt. So for those with bigger noses I do not recommand this mask. As always, if possiable to go to your local dive shop and try one out that would be best.

Good luck on your search for the right mask,
    Larry O M. . .

• I guess I have a big nose. The Technisub mask wouldn't seal under my nose/over my upper lip. I didn't feel any pressure on the nose so I don't think the leak was caused by the size of my nose. I feel that if the skirt was a little longer under the nose it would seal fine. I had no other problems with the Technisub mask but I didn't want to use it the way it was leaking. I use a Speardiver mask and it fits perfectly with no leaks. If decide to get the Technisub Micromask www.FreediveStore.com has them for the best price $79. Also you may want to look at the Speardiver Micromask which is very similar and cheaper at $49.

• I dont mind necissarily if my nose hits the bottom of the skirt it is just that the nose pocket on the Riffe is so small that it is not comfortable, my nose is squeezed in there, they have such small nose pockets. I have my performance freedive clinic this weekend and would like to get a better mask for it so im not limited by mask squeeze by my nose. Anyone know were in south Florida they sell this mask to maybe order and try and if not a fit return it, thanks.

Thanks LOMartin

• would you say the Omer Abyss mask is for medium to wide face dan ? how is it down to say 80ft roughly with mask squeeze, thanks.

• I think the Abyss and similar style masks are for a small face, I didn't realize this until I saw how it fit Gerald, but I don't have a small face and it fits me fine. I don't think the Abyss is for a wide face but the thing about masks is that you have to try them on. I'm not sure what you mean by mask squeeze. I rarely go to 80ft but I've never had issues with any mask. Isn't it just a matter of equalizing?

• "Isn't it just a matter of equalizing?"

yes I was just curious only because my Riffe down to 30 gives bad squeeze for me and yes i need to equalize but it hurts my O2 storage pretty bad, this is because it squeezes so tightly it takes a bit to equalize. Thanks dan.

• I also used the Omer abyss for a long while. It's great, field of view is nice, inner volume is nothing I equalize hands free. Diving to 80' I wish I could but for the 39-45' max and shore diving without taking it off for 3-4hrs you don't even feel it.

It really is best to make it out to a store try the mask(s) on. There is no other way to be 100% sure.

Good luck,

-Also write back with your thoughts on the freedive course. I'm always interested in them. Guess I just need more info on them before I decide to pull the trigger and take a course.

Larry O M. . .

• i would be happy to lend you my micromask or a few others if you want to just try them out for this weekend....I live in downtown miami so let me know if you want to come by and borrow some

i like to spear fish

• Wow thanks Lunker that is real kind of you, unfortunately my time doesn't permit me to head down there before the weekend, it's ok though I will just use the ones I have and see how it goes, this will be the real test for them anyways and if is bad then I search for another one, thanks again I do appreciate it.

• Ok i went to my LDS today after work and they had the micromask, tried it on and to my suprise it fit nicely, I then went home and did the old lighter/toothpaste/lighter trick a few times and then jumped in the pool to test it out...WOW INCREDIBLE...this mask did not leak at all and it was like not having a mask on, excellent FOV and super comfortable, no pain under my nose like the riffe's and super hands free clearing if needed and equalizing, fantastic.

• another micromask convert...

wow is right, i freaked out the first time i put it on and yelled to hau.."I can't see my mask!!"

after he stopped thinking i was crazy he laughed and said, "ahh, so you bought the micromask"

i like to spear fish

• Larry, when you say you "used" the omer Abyss does this mean you no longer do? Because I saw an omer Abyss mask in Pantoja's live well today and thought I might grab it since it was abandoned :)

Ha. Yes you guys found it. Thanks.