Finger safe table saw

• It says that it can stop the saw in 5 milliseconds after detection. Let's say (just for discussion) that the detection is electrial and so is effectively instantaneous. If you stumbled forward, and your hand or finger was moving at a faster rate of, say, 1 meter per second, then the cut would be 5 mm deep. Nasty, to be sure. But you would probably keep the finger.

I guess the real question is how fast it detects contact.

• Why did he have his hands in a cooler with ice before the test?

Does it not work if your skin is not wet?

Guess you would just have to get use to cutting wood slower.

It would be nice to see the inventor run the test just like real life with no hand in ice before and as he is cutting wood at a normal speed.

If it really works it's worth whatever price, I don't beleave that $60 safety unit change out but even it's $200 it's worth it compared to the $2,000 or whatever the hospital bill would be.

• i have seen this before and the test then was a hot dog...shit was incredible, the guy did a normal rip down the length of a 2x4, at the speed Iwould be cutting, and had the hot dog laying on top of the wood. it barely cut into the skin of the hot dog...mind blowing

I think the real test would be if you fell onto it

i like to spear fish

• Dan approximately equal to.

His fingers didn't look wet, I bet the ice was to keep his hand from burning under those strong lights.

They are so intense he had to wear a welders helmet.

Davie Peguero