10/03/2009 Fort Pierce

• Nice video, its a shame the viz was not helping.

Actually that was some of the best viz we have had in Ft. Pierce since I have dove up there. It was perfect in the sense that there was no current. We tried to dive first in about 45' and the viz was next to nothing with less than 5'. Out towards 70' it much better. Anything over 20' viz is considered "good viz" up there. Conditions are much different, there is no such thing as drift diving up here. And marking the botton from the surface is few and far between.

• I'll tell you something, considering how much I hate poor vis, the kind of diving we did on Sat was surprisingly enjoyable to me. I think what made the difference was #1 no current as you said, and #2 that every dive put me on a nice concentration of fish, even if not many were shootable. For me what kills it is diving dead zones which happens much more diving in Miami.

• I'll tell you something, considering how much I hate poor vis, the kind of diving we did on Sat was surprisingly enjoyable to me. I think what made the difference was #1 no current as you said, and #2 that every dive put me on a nice concentration of fish, even if not many were shootable. For me what kills it is diving dead zones which happens much more diving in Miami.

i really agree with this comment, Dan we have spoken before about how poor vis can just ruin a dive like nothing else, I think you raise a valid point here. by seeing a lot of marine life, it does the same thing that good viz does too, just in a more concentrated space.

I was diving last week and our first spot had great vis and no fish and it was not fun, the stop at the first reef on the way in was about half the vis but tons of fish and bait everywhere and i really enjoyed the dives there...the 4lb hog didnt hurt either :)

i like to spear fish