10/03/2009 Fort Pierce

• damn shame you cant spear snook, they seemed to be crawling the wreck on the first dive..

i see no cudas among the haul....did you eat them on the way in? :)

i like to spear fish

• :) That would be Oto's.

LB, when you see so many cudas in one place it takes away the desire to show them off.

Those snook were HUGE. I was watching the vid and had a doubt in mind about what the size of the fish appears like to someone who doesn't know, since there's nothing in the frame to help judge scale. I asked my wife to tell me what she thought the size of the jewfish was. She indicated to me with her hands a fish in the 10lb range. Those jewfish ranged from 200-400lb. The mutton in the last frames was 3-4lb. Ironically the water yesterday had a quality that made fish look bigger then they actually were. I put away the camera after that dive and grabbed the gun. When the mutton saw me with the gun he took off quick. I felt there was a lot of pressure on the spot. The fish appeared very nervous/twitchy, and quick to escape.

• Video came out real good. Lots of bait in the water yesterday in just about all spots. My cuda looked nice and clean too. Thanks for coming up.:thumbsup2:

• I knew he was huge...I guessed one of those snook that buzzed the camera at about 40 inches..you can tell with big snook cos they get that hump on their back once they clear the 35inch range....

i like to spear fish

• Nice vid.

Hey Rolo what type camera do u use?

I see the jewfish are as plentiful everywhere, All thoes law makers need to take a look at the bottom of the sea before they make statements that fisherman are over fishing. They aren't getting bigger because of a shortage of eating other "grouper" Its almost anning over here. and there getting more aggresive.

Nice catch I love sheaphead """""""""""" " the fish """"""""""""""" don't

• Luv, this is the camera I used for the pics and vid http://spearfishing.world/divi…-for-underwater-pics.html

The jewfish weren't as numerous as the last time we dove on that spot, then you had to swim through them to get to shoot anything. There must have been 15 of them, or maybe it's because I couldn't see all of them yesterday because of the vis. I wanted to capture on video/sound the boo-boom blast they make when taking off. But when I was diving without the speargun I couldn't spook them.

The vis wasn't good, in places it would open up 10ft from the bottom at 60ft, I was afraid of hitting my head on the bottom. Fortunately Rolo is a master of positioning the boat and the marker right on the money.

• Nice video Dan! And yes those are big robalos, if it was here it would be a different story even tho they are kind of easy to spear. There are some people here that spear them from the top of a bridge in the morning in the river(Rio Grande de Loiza) I've been wanting to take a pic of them with the loaded spearguns (big jbl's) on top of the bridge. They make a trident like speartip (unlike a small paralizer these things are huge like 10-12 inches across) with up to 5-6 tynes with regular threaded speargun tips on the end. And they shoot downward from the top of the bridge that sits maybe 40-50' from the water.I will post a thread when I take the picture of them fishing.

• it was a good time, very fishy spots, we could have shot many sheeps and nice size mangos were around, just a little spooky.

Dan, the more I look at the fish, the more I'm convinced your fish was a big ass mango and not a cubera

The vis wasn't good, in places it would open up 10ft from the bottom at 60ft, I was afraid of hitting my head on the bottom. Fortunately Rolo is a master of positioning the boat and the marker right on the money.

really? except the first spot we tried, I thought everywhere else the vis was outstanding for the area, with 20-30' average

China V.I.P

• nice. I really wanted to go but saturday was a very busy day for me, and on top I got friends to visit me for the weekend. But I did go out today and could fish for just an hour and a hlf. my nose started to bleed again , so anyways , I don't think i would have stayed in the water long If i had gone with you.