• wow indeed, i love ribs but thats beyond anything i've ever seen. ribs are really popular in europe because they are light, economical, fast and are generally well suited for the med waters. here's mine, the ss poseidon of course with full crew. it's a aegean 440 which is a greek brand specifically designed for spearfishing, it comes standard with a built in cooler, a compartment to store long spearguns and at 250 kilos i can pull and launch it with a compact suv pretty much anywhere. it's powered by a 50hp suzuki four stroke, a 4hp backup and weather permitting i can island hop at over 20 knots for next to nothing. aghhh, 8 more months till i see it again.

here's a link to the aegean website http://www.aegeanboats.gr/cms/…ontpage/Itemid,1/lang,el/

Great boat "Poseidon" .. You have a beautiful family, congrats.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• i think a 14' boat is good for up to 3 people. what i like about mine is i can store everything, guns, bags ect. in the various compartments and have a completely clear deck for people to move around on. i think the boat is comfortable and feels safe at far heavier seas because of this as well as the design of the hull and the way ribs in general are designed. for more than 3 people plus diving equipment on long off shore trips i thinks it's just too small but for hitting spots close to shore you can't beat it.

btw i don't know about anyplace else but in greece you have to have a license to drive anything over 30hp and that entails a written and a driving test from the coast guard. when i tell people over there you don't need a license here they think were crazy. oh yah they don't allow spearfishing on scuba or spearing at night and they don't have nearly the fish we do, i guess we have it good here.

thanks monster, what's with the greek in your sig?

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• I can't believe the RIB in your pic is a 14 footer. I went today to look at a used 14ft Zodiac and it barely had room in it for me. My search for a RIB just got narrowed down to 17ft and up.

yah good choice.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo