• Not sure what they use it for. I went back for a closer look and it was gone. There has been ALOT of lobster trap robbings, it's all over the news,and papers down there. They've even gotten private planes and boats to volunteer to run around and videotape anything suspicious.

• Yup,fewer lobster and shitty economy ( lobster prices are pretty low right now like $3/lb.) So they've made the paper quite a few times on hard they have it.

• wow indeed, i love ribs but thats beyond anything i've ever seen. ribs are really popular in europe because they are light, economical, fast and are generally well suited for the med waters. here's mine, the ss poseidon of course with full crew. it's a aegean 440 which is a greek brand specifically designed for spearfishing, it comes standard with a built in cooler, a compartment to store long spearguns and at 250 kilos i can pull and launch it with a compact suv pretty much anywhere. it's powered by a 50hp suzuki four stroke, a 4hp backup and weather permitting i can island hop at over 20 knots for next to nothing. aghhh, 8 more months till i see it again.

here's a link to the aegean website http://www.aegeanboats.gr/cms/…ontpage/Itemid,1/lang,el/

• thanks, it's 4.4 meters so about 14.5' and runs about 15k euros out the door. i bought it when the dollar was worth something but at todays exchange rate thats over 22k.

it has a really nice ride for such a small boat, my main objective was easy access to tight spots and low cost of operation both of which it really excels. for the atlantic i would think you need something bigger. the 6 meter version is really sweet and i have friends that run 9 meter ribs which are really all weather.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• casue we get alot of pretty regular chop.. and often gets up over 2 feet... ive seen smaller boats roll at least three diff. occasions just leaving out of port everglades through the jetty.. and freinds have the same happen a few miles out and were almsot screwed..

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Those RIB boats are nice looking, perfect for the med and maybe parts of the Keys as well. The first one on the original post I have seen at Port Everglades crusing next to the cruise ship when we were leaving port, real long and mean looking thing, I think they can place a 50 caliber machine gun on the front of it, at least it looked like there was one with a guy manning it.

• i think the concern Steve is raising Dan, is that there is not a lot of weight in a shorted RIB and in some higher chop situations, that could be a liability

I would be shocked to see any boat roll, even a kayak, in 2-4 though

i like to spear fish

• Owning/driving a boat doesn't require any training/certification. I've seen boats roll at Haulover inlet when it's rough, doesn't take much. A RIB is a very stable platform, used all over the world. From military,commercial, to recreation, it has proven itself to be very seaworthy.