Took the boys out for a run and a couple catches..graphic

• Nice thread Aaron,

Makes me even more excited about small game opening here tomorrow...

• not to answer for Aaron, but there are a few reasons...one is population control, the humans have displaced the alpha predators of the plains and therefore disease and malnutrition will decimate the coyote population if they arent regulated...two, is to prevent them from damaging the stocks of local hearders (not sure if Aaron does that though) and three is to sell the meat and hide.

i like to spear fish

• Thanks, LB ...the short and easy answer is that because they are a legal game animal . If they weren't , than that would mean their numbers do not sustain a hunt.

My answer is....I love to hunt 'em. Just something about it. LB has pretty much covered the morality part of it. They no longer have any natural predators here. Disease, starvation and man are it...although I do consider man a natural predator. We've only been doing it since we decided to stand upright.

BTW...we don't sell the meat of coyotes. However, one of my hunting buddies has located a bird of prey sanctuary that's wants every coyote carcas we can donate.

• honestly i dont see the point on sending killing machine dogs to kill coyotes. why dont you kill them yourself? can you eat coyote meat? r they a problem where do you live like lunkerbuster said? thats a good point, much respect for you aaron i know its your way of life and i respect that but i dont see the point on killing animals for fun.kill to eat.

• honestly i dont see the point on sending killing machine dogs to kill coyotes. why dont you kill them yourself? can you eat coyote meat? r they a problem where do you live like lunkerbuster said? thats a good point, much respect for you aaron i know its your way of life and i respect that but i dont see the point on killing animals for fun.kill to eat.

you must control the yote population

• I think there is something primal that attracts most alpha males to " The Hunt ", we all spearfish but it will probably be much easier to buy fish. Not like any of us are in poverty we all have computers and internet access.
    Yeah it doesn't always taste the same but you get my point.

When I go spearing I always go thinking, "What can I catch today" not "What can I eat today"

• its not easier to buy fish. why buy when you can get them yourself? Not all people have internet the way you think people work their asses back here to earn their money.maybe you said that because you live in one of the most richest countries on the world.i get your point but that mentality of killin just for human control or for fun thats why most of the species of the world r desapearing.i would like to see animals killing humans just for the fun of it or for human species control and we r a lot of people so it would be good.and we get the fish ourself we dont send another specie to take it.when you spearfish you shot fish you can eat not the ones you cannot eat so i imagine sort of that you think what can i eat today.its just my personal opinion its a forum after all.i imagine that you catch fish that you CAN eat not a poisonous fish not undersize fish if you sell them you cant sell fish that you CANNOT eat .i just wanted to know why i got my reasons from you thanx im not used to see that stuff back here.

• Now why you gotta go there.

I am from a third world country in the Caribbean born and raised, I never thought it would be possible to go spearfishing ever in my life; not even a consideration.I was fortunate enough that my father made sure we knew how to swim. I didn't have access to a decent computer until I moved to the states.

I work my ass off like everyone else, I was trying to point out, that the reason most people hunt nowadays is for "The Hunt" thats why we post pictures of fish we catch and of ourselves holding up two lobsters with our gut hanging out.

Edited 3 times, last by Kyle c: Grammar Correction ().

• As a BTW there are animals that kill for the "hunt" and not to eat. I'm sure some of you have seen the footage of killer whales playing with a seal/tossing it around without eating it. Wolves will also often kill many domestic cattle with no way of consuming everything. Cats will kill birds an mice and bring them home without eating them.

• we get the fish ourself we dont send another specie to take it.

This type of hunting is not for me but your above post isn't exactly true. We use other fish for chum and bait. Granted we aren't sending a herring into snatch a grouper for us but we are using another animal for the hunt.

• When i said " you must control the yote population". it was said without explanation. Where i live in MA the yote has no preditors to control there population. The yote population is going through the roof and the deer population is paying the price. The funny thing is even the state of MA has noticed the population increase and the topic made the front page of our news paper. I hope that helps.

• Fact of the matter is....killing often defies logic.Even in the animal world . It's done and so be it.Killing satisfies something in me that only killing does. It transcends the physical like hunger or sex...it's spiritual.
    That being said, if it were the simple act of killing than I would stick with something more efficient like aerial gunning or M-44's ( that's a K-9 specific poison delivery system). Instead , I seek out and use something that is so old it's mentioned in Bible and Greek literture. The greyhound.
    I use them for my need as it feels correct. Timeless and beautiful. Efficient ,brutal and lethal....I admire them. They are perfect for their design.
    Anyone who can't appreciate them and their graceful ability to end life I feel sorry for...it shows a homogenazation that only an E-World can provide.Me ? I prefer to live in a world of my choosing....that in the Spring you don't hunt to leave seed for next year, that blood makes your hands sticky,that new leather has a smell all it's own.That a fire is warmer,friends are more dear,drinks taste better, and my wife sees me as her provider....because I spent a day out taking life in a manner 4,000 years old.

Nobody ever gives falconers shit....

• .i get your point but that mentality of killin just for human control or for fun thats why most of the species of the world r desapearing.

Actually study wildlife much ? This remark tells me ....'no'.

You find out the real reasons why wildlife disappears and get back to me...you'll find that sport hunting has saved species; but doesn't even enter into the equation on animals that are decimated. But I won't do your research for you.

Tell you what...I'll make it easy for you. Look no further than the African Elephant.

• You know Aaron I always thought of sight hounds as very small game dogs, until reading your various threads. I didn't give them the respect they deserve.

Kinda the point, Dan, of why I post anything ....we learn from each other. See that first pic of the two racing ? See how broad that dog's chest is ? That is one powerful animal....my impression was that greyhounds were small and anorexic . Until I first saw them...and was somewhat taken back by how barrel chested and strong they actually were. I have a friend who uses them as bear dogs in conjunction with Airedales and Plotts.He says those three are the perfect trinity for treeing bears.