Took the boys out for a run and a couple catches..graphic

• thanks Aaron, very interesting stuff. I have seen there is alot more to learn on land than in the water. It takes many years to aquire a sense for the woods im guessing

• thanks Aaron, very interesting stuff. I have seen there is alot more to learn on land than in the water. It takes many years to aquire a sense for the woods im guessing

Yes... but in many ways it mimics the undersea enviroment . You have learned to read sections of the sea ...apply some the same principles.

• Beav and PG is the shit. Tell your friends.:)

Dude, a 12er of Michelob Amber Bock and the "beav" throws itself on the table; I swear!:laughing3:

Right on about the open roads. The logging roads behind the house are full of yote tracks hot on the heels of the yearlings. Popped one two weeks ago when a pair came right to me on the road, while doing some scouting for whitetail.

• I have an idea. let's just contact some chinese bussinessman and ofer him the coyotes for a resonable price as a delicacy in restaurants and we make money and also save some dogs lives.

• Staghounds...and some with some black-mouth cur cross.That's where you're seeing the resemblance ,Larry.

Ah I see,

This is JT at 1 1/2 months,

7 months now very loyal dogs, now I just need some lions for him to hunt. . .

Aaron,
    Any special care has to given to the dogs to make sure they don’t catch nasty shit(disease) from the coyotes?

.Larry O M. . .

• Interesting. I have sooooo much to learn….

So let’s see if I understood: You go out with your dogs to hunt the coyotes, right? The coyotes are not edible, but you get some money for them? Why? Do they use the furr?
    Are they a plague?

Please don’t get me wrong. I in no way want to criticize; I am just ignorant about all of this.

Nice pictures.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Aaron, is the coyote dead by the time you get to them or do you have to ''finish'' it?
    Cool way of hunting BTW!

always dead by the time I get there , Billy. They are very efficient.

EDIT- Let me add...sight hounds come in two different 'kill' categories ; throat and chest dogs . Both have the same goal, which is to use their weaponry to let the air out of their prey . If you use both types in conjunction , it's over quick. In the time it takes me to ride (if I am on horseback ) or drive to 'em...often times they are already trotting back to the release point, bored now the action is over. They love the catch and kill...a dead coyote's no fun anymore.

• Money is a two part deal... the hides are "put up" (stretched,fleshed and dried ) and then sold to market . Usually in the Spring. I also currently get a bounty on them from the Oklahoma Catteman's Association. The fur is used to line Arctic rated clothing ...unlike other materials, coyote fur does not absorb condensation and freeze.

I don't know if I'd call them a plague...but certainly prolific. To many in a given area and you get this....mange. The result are coyotes that starve and freeze to death are good for nothing but worm and maggot food. Healthy numbers equal healthy coyotes.

Images

• coymange1.jpg
    • coymange2.jpg
    • coymange3.jpg
  • Aaron,
    Any special care has to given to the dogs to make sure they don’t catch nasty shit(disease) from the coyotes?

.Larry O M. . .

Not really ,Larry, I stay currnet on their inoculations and such . I really don't like them wooling a mangy coyote, but if they do I begin treatment as I would for fleas.

I also carry a first-aid kit with antibiotics, staples, bandages, eye patches, on and on...

• Aaron, is the coyote dead by the time you get to them or do you have to ''finish'' it?
    Cool way of hunting BTW!

I agree ...it is a cool way of hunting and it makes you appreciate the homage that old civilizations showed their hunting hounds. With the right kind of dog, your family will never go hungry or want for warm clothing.

Pics from the UK prior to the large animal hunting ban with dogs. Not mine, but great examples.

• I think the hunt with dogs is just the thing . not only we have fun and satisfy our killing drive , but the dog himself too , and even more than us.

• i think it is amazing..it is what the dogs want, but in a way that allows them to still be sweet pets too. Pretty freaking cool...I also fully advocate smart population control...as I stated before, humans are not without fault for much of the non-indigenous and unchecked animal populations out there, so we need to be involved in the regulations as well

i like to spear fish